Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 E-Jet Internaional jet fly >

E-Jet Internaional jet fly

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

E-Jet Internaional jet fly

Old 09-13-2009, 07:18 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Jet Internaional jet fly

I attended the E-Jet International jet fly in Grove City Ohio this weekend and I have to say this is one nice event.
The Torks do a great job of organizing and putting on this event and the facility is second to none.
Also the flying and the variety of pilots and aircraft had to be seen to believed!
I do have one issue that has been nagging at me and even though this really has nothing to do with the Torks club or the organizers of the event I still witnessed this during the skydiving demo at mid day.
The skydiver who flew the American flag in during the playing of our National Anthem didn't have any kind of a ground crew in place to catch our American flag before it landed on the ground.
So the American flag which so many have fought and died for was desecrated by letting it land totally on the ground.
Shortly afterward a couple of the jumpers came over and lifted our flag off the ground and displayed her during the remainder of our National Anthem.
To me this type of disrespect from a professional skydiving team is unacceptable.
I know to some this may seem like I am making a mountain from a mole hill.
But to others like myself we see this as very disrespectful.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 AM

Default RE: E-Jet Internaional jet fly

George I agree, we have become complaicent, so where is Recker RC Club at?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Yes, i witnessed it for myself on saturday and thought WT*?? Today 4 or 5 persons caught old glory as he touched-down.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I once saw a young couple at the beach. The guy was about 300lbs wearing an American flag speedo. The girl looked like a tad under 250lbs (at about 5'3"), donning an American flag thong and t-shirt. I felt like that was a far worse descretion of the flag than allowing the flag to touch the ground. I think it was the least patriotic day of my life.....

Old 09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 85 Likes on 75 Posts

ok shawn,

now i need some red hot pokers to burn those images outa my mind.
thank you very much
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Letting the Flag touch the ground does not desecrate it, it only renders it unusable for further service to our great country and it must be destroyed in accordance with proper procedures for destruction.
How about the flag patch our our soldiers uniforms, would you have them not "hit the ground" when they come under fire for fear of desecrating the flag on their uniform?
What if the only thing available to bind a soldiers wounds was a flag, would you let him bleed to death to prevent the flag from coming into contact with his blood.
The flag is a tool of recognition for our country and is meant to be used as such, if such use results in it being soiled, it just must be destroyed using proper destruction procedures. Being visible to a large crowd during an airshow is proper use, even if it touches the ground and then is destroyed.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM
My Feedback: (6)

True but two things.
1. It wasn't destroyed after the jump.
2. No effort was made to keep it from touching the ground during the landing, so it wouldn't have to be destroyed.
All I am saying is that this skydiving team really made no effort to follow proper procedure.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 AM
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told once by a retired Army Col. that flags that are on clothing, uniforms, etc is not considered a flag, but a symbol. If it was considered a flyable flag, it would not be allowed to placed on clothing because of the aforementioned treatment it would receive.