Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Power supplys

Old 09-27-2009, 10:45 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power supplys

I am looking for a new powersupply to power my multiplex charger. I will also be purchasing a new charger to charge A123 batteries.

Can anyone recomend a good powersupply that will fit my needs. I will be taking it to the field from time to time.

Thanks,

Tucson
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Larry Dudeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power supplys

The simplest solution would be to power the charger from your car's battery. For at-home use, I use a 12V automotive (or deep cycle marine) battery which I keep charged with a "wall-wart" trickle charger.

If you feel the need, you can take your "at-home" battery to the field. A friend, who drives a pick up, carries a deep cycle in the bed. This battery is connected in parallel to the regular truck battery and is kept charged by the truck's alternator.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:52 AM
tucson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Larry,

I have a bad back so a heavy duty battery could be a problem. We also have electric outlets at our flying field. I have found a small 20a power supply for 77 dollars, so for me that would be the way to go.

Thanks,

Stan
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Larry Dudeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stan,

A bad back does put the damper on a lot of activities, that's for sure.

In your situation, I'd agree your solution is the best.

Our flying field is "primitive" w/o electricity or running water so the DC battery is my only option.