Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How to choose a fast EDF Jet?

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

How to choose a fast EDF Jet?

Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 PM
jctpro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to choose a fast EDF Jet?

I am an experienced RC prop aircraft and RC heli pilot looking for a fast EDF FA-18 Blue Angels jet to fly on a grass field. I am looking at the HET planes and wonder if the twin 70mm or the single 90mm would be faster. Any other plane recommendations or what gear to put in to get something that cruises at 100+ mph?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
bhoges17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to choose a fast EDF Jet?

Best bet is purchase a bare airframe and buy some quality componets. I have a F4 64mm fan that will do 88 in level flight off a 2200 3S lipo. The setup will handle a 4S but Id have to do a little cutting. I had a Phase 3 F16 with a Het 2w-20/6904 setup that did over 100. Id start with a 64MM setup and move up from there. They fly so much different from a prop plane. Its cheaper for a nice 64MM setup maybe $200 with everything for my F4. Dons has some nice 4800 and 5400 kv motors.