Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Habu with Little screamers JS 1400 motor. Help.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Habu with Little screamers JS 1400 motor. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Habu with Little screamers JS 1400 motor. Help.

ORIGINAL: Extreme_RC

LS is dead and buried, Scott owes so much money to so many people he has gone into hiding. Look at the website, no contact info, no phone number, he only takes money orders now, I mean c'mon!

End of the day it all comes back to figures and physics. The best combo is the one that pulls the least amps for the most performance, and thats NOT the JS1400 nor the wm400. Just read the shootout that Carl Rich did, it shows clearly the Medusa and ARC inrunners are much more efficient, look at how long Hoffmans heaters lasted, all of 6 months? before they went bust.

I dont make motors, I DO fly jets though, and have been for years, I will use what I see producing the best performance, and right now in 70mm thats the Minifan PRO and a high quality inrunner motor, whether it be ARC, HET, NUE or Mega.
I agree with you 100%. I just ordered a HET Me-163 and the 262! Was in here digging about for the hottest 4S setup and after reading of your tests and results I'm going with the ARC and a Mini.
I currently have a HET 104 with the HET fan and the 1400. As I recall the motor screws didn't line up with the fan. What a pain.

Extreme, you mentioned an ALLOY shroud with the Mini fan.... What shroud and where might I buy in the USA?

THanks,

Jason
Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 PM
hobbyaire
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Habu with Little screamers JS 1400 motor. Help.

Hi 575 & Extreme,
I agree with you on the inefficiency of the hot outrunners (JS, Hoffman). They indeed are battery cookers.
I personally have a WM400 and a Wemo MF 480, both outfitted with the JS1400s - both are decommissioned. They are still good & stellar performers, and virtually burn out proof - but, they just draw way too many amps. (I plan to possibly use them for a homemade wind tunnel)
I have built a 2 new WM400s. 1 using a extra "cool" long can Velocity-RC "V2860-3700-Semi-Hot 3700kv 4s, 28mm motor" from EFFLUX RC - very nice EDF combo,
and the other with an ARC 28-58-1 3180Kv (for 5S) from Chuck's Hobbies - (installed in a HABU/foam version) - also very nice.
I have just a few flights on these since the weather this summer in central Texas has been so searing hot, I've stayed grounded since mid June.
Finally, I've done up a WM300 (60mm) with an ARC 28-47-1. Tested it on 4S in a Stryker (F-27C version), and it performed surprisingly, VERY well - almost, but not quite the performance of a 70mm, but definitely blows any other 60/64mm fan away by far (clocked at 110MPH out of mild dive with slight tail wind). An HET-RC Super Sniper is its new home - will maiden soon.
Update: Maidened the Super Sniper 70mm: no clocking/radar data, but it's sick/rediculous fast!

BTW, if you haven't flown any really fast airplanes yet, this shouldn't be Ur first one - get a Multiplex Funjet, get proficient with that first (like I was told & did) & be likely to succeed (like I did).