Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Help Help Help meee

Old 07-26-2003, 07:06 PM
logan6700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Help Help meee

I had a wattage f-86 and it never flew even with aveox brushless installed. My theory was that the blades were moving so fast that they stalled, even when i tossed it the air the flow just was not there the blades could not grab the air.

I did some test i took a 6x3prop and a 4.5x2 prop connected to my brushless motor when i go 1/2 was on the throttle the 4.5 sounded like it was turning hella fast but the thrust just was not there but when i put the 6x2 prop the plane dam near wants to hover.

Now lets go back to the edf unit the blades are only 2.5 inches in diameter yes they are 6 blades and the angle looks like a 15 degree but it stalls. is there a fan unit thats recommended for the f-86 for that matter whats the best edf units? 400 size
Old 07-27-2003, 06:00 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

AInt that a Beatles song?

Erm, may be a long shot but try a fan with 4 or 3 blades on it???
Old 07-30-2003, 11:43 AM
phat742

the plane flies fine with the stock motor when you run a ten cell pack in it. what i do with mine is when i lanch it, i give a really hard throw up at a 45 degree angle and it kind of drops as it picks up speed and after fifty feet or so it's ready to cruise around. the mig 15 i think is more stable and doesn't loose altitude with every thing you do like the f-86. you should check out some of the mods they talk about here specifically the one about making it have ailerons and an elevator instead of the elevons.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:40 PM
St. Martin

Logan,
Not sure of what Aveox you have. If the Kv is around 3000 then 10-1100He or 950Kans should move it out.

AS far as the blades stalling, the rotor would fail first. A good substitute for the Wattage rotor is a cut down KY. This will improve thrust and efflux speed Quite a bit.

A popular conversion is using the Mega 16/15/3, wattage shroud, KY rotor and 10 cells. I'm using this only w/ a Hi-Line shroud, in my Guillow's F-16.

Steve