RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/)
-   -   Maiden of HET FA-18.... anyone help (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/7796865-maiden-het-fa-18-anyone-help.html)

UH60 Crewdog 08-01-2008 01:11 PM

Maiden of HET FA-18.... anyone help

Hey everyone,

I did my maiden on my fa-18 about 30 minutes ago and i'm still shaking from the adrenaline! It was blistering fast with the hot setup, Had a friend of mine hand launch it and it was a little scary at first but thrust won the battle.

Got a question: I'm guessing about 5 minutes into my flight the power suddenly shut off to the fan. I brought the throttle down and returned it back up but no responce. Fortunatly i was already into the wind and just over the runway, i over shot it but landed further out in 6inch grass with no damage. when I got to the plane i pushed the throttle back up and the motor acted like the battery was very low but when I got back a minute ago and hooked it up to my charger it indicated a 15 volt output... i dont know a hole lot about batteries but it should not have just cut off right...

UH60 Crewdog 08-01-2008 03:01 PM

RE: Maiden of HET FA-18.... Carl or anyone help

Might have it..... This is the prooduct features, as I can tell this esc is meant for 3S lipolys with BEC enabled and 4S disabled and must be programed??? Do you think I just need to order the programming cable and reprogram this for a soft shut off and change the shut off voltage????? Like i said here's the product info from edfon the ts-72.

Features:

Max Constant Current: 72A

Max Surge: 100A

Power: 2s to 3s Lipo (BEC)

Power: 2s to 5s Lipo (BEC disabled) Programmable using Tsunami serial Cable(optional)

This is the info from the programming cable:
-Cut off voltage

-Brake (enable or disable)

-Timing Advance

-Cut off (soft or hard)

-Rotation Direction (forward or reverse)

UH60 Crewdog 08-01-2008 04:39 PM

RE: Maiden of HET FA-18.... anyone help

Ok im talking to my self here but I called EJF and they said I was right about it being defaulted to a 3S instead of a 4S and thats why I lost all power thank God i had a separate reciever battery and was able to bring it back in.

UH60 Crewdog 08-02-2008 07:23 AM

Still talking to myself here but the ESC burned out... If its because of the improper program im seriously P.O. [:@] There (EJF) site says it will take 4S batteries but no mentio of reprogramming until you go to the page of the cable... I wrote both the manufacture and EJF so they can figure out who's going to supply a new one. I'll continue to talk with my\self later and late you all or myself know what happens.[:@]

nitro wing 08-02-2008 12:35 PM

Its OK talk to yourself,been scanning over the HET Jets and powersystems myself,so I read this as valuable info all the way.

UH60 Crewdog 08-02-2008 03:13 PM

Sweet i consider myself sane now..... No longer talking with myself

KXH121 08-02-2008 09:47 PM

Yes you are sane, I was curious if someone had some insight into the problem since I am new to electrics and scanning RCU for info. Don't want to burn up those high dollar Lipos too soon. Good luck.

Ken H