RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/)
-   -   F-16 fighting eagle from famous (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/7978181-f-16-fighting-eagle-famous.html)

koolaid535 02-13-2009 02:39 AM

RE: F-16 fighting eagle from famous

I am still having problems with my esc, i used a 4.8v battery pack and unplugged my esc and the servo's all worked, as soon as i plugged in the esc into my receiver and gave it some throttle the motor cut out and the servo's stop working, ps i took out the red wire from the esc connecting to the receiver, could my receiver be bad?

Thai 03-24-2009 12:34 AM

Hey guys, I originally wanted to get the Exceed RC FA 18 from nitroplanes.com but their shipping is way too expensive. $95 USD to Ontario Canada.

Then I found the same plane on raidentech.com for 1/2 the shipping price. But then I find out raidentech.com has absolutely horrible reviews. And these guys are the same company. So pretty much I can't have the Exceed RC FA 18.

Next choice is Banana Hobby's Blitzworks RC F16. But it's pretty expensive after adding in the transmitter. Than I found this thread and found out about SN Hobbies and thier F16. It looks just like HL's F16. So then I guess my question is, if I order this SN Hobbies F16 ( http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=380 ) then I can order parts for it from HL ( http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rc-airplane-spare-parts.htm#filterValuesRequest,filter_id_31=5|31 ) and they fit the same? I don't want a product that has no replacement parts available.

Thanks.

gary41 03-24-2009 03:33 PM

It is the same plane. It is made by Shenzhen Famous Electronic Tech Co, Ltd. who makes them for quite a few importers/dealers under many different "Brand Names". All of the structural parts should fit. There could be minor differences in some of the electronics as some importers/dealers might specify a more costly "upgrade" on the units they want to market. The different decals between the Canadian import and the Hobby-Lobby is one example. Note the "HL" on the tail of the Hobby-Lobby plane!

BTW, I have the H/L F-16, and it does fly quite fast on the 4c lipo supplied. It can get rather far away in a short period of time! Don't ask me how I know.

Thai 03-24-2009 05:37 PM

Thanks! I'm just about 95% ready to order this.

Just doing some more research on other F16s... any other recommendations? I'm really liking the looks and performance of these F16s.

Any "reputable" dealers for Exceed RC's F18 even? Or other 70mm F16s.

Thanks.

gary41 03-24-2009 09:04 PM

I also have an Exceed F/A-18C from Nitro Planes..in the process of assembly. I ordered just the airframe and the stock 70mm fan and motor from the "spare parts" listing. I prefer to select my own ESC/BEC, servos (Hexronik 9 grams), batttery. I also would rather use my own radio gear. There is a build thread on this plane, and most people are pleased with it. Nitro does have a good reputation for support, not perfect, but it ranks up there with Hobby-Lobby. IMHO, they are good folks to do business with.

Thai 03-24-2009 09:09 PM

My first choice was nitroplane's Exceed RC FA 18. But they want $95 USD for shipping. Waaaay too much.

Then I find another site, www.raidentech.com who has good shipping price. Then I read about endless customer horror stories. So I'm afraid to deal with them.

And THEN, I find out raidentech and nitrplanes are the same company. So that turned me off the Exceed RC FA 18 altogether. Even though I really want that plane.

So now I'm pretty set on the F 16 from www.snhobbies.com as from what I've gathered on this thread, it's the same as Hobby Lobby's. So I can order spare parts from HL for SN's F16.

Thai 03-25-2009 08:24 AM

Ok bought the F-16 from SN Hobbies. Can't wait! :D

koolaid535 03-27-2009 05:52 AM

I bought mine from sn hobbies.
the owner Delphin will take good care of you

koolaid535 03-31-2009 02:36 PM

Finally took the bird up today, had a real nice flight, tghe only problem was the surface was a little rough, the front landing gear came off, it might have been loose, screwed it back on and back in business.

gr8taz nitro 03-31-2009 08:07 PM

congrats on the maiden flight. Your gonna have a lot of fun with this plane, it's such and easy flying jet. I had to turn mine into a belly flopper cause I kept breaking the front nose gear and crushing the front of the intake. Course I didn't have any problems until I started putting bigger lipo's in and a more powerfull motor.:D

koolaid535 04-16-2009 02:10 AM

thanks, the second flight was all bad, i didn't set my timer and the plane came down hard, just got some to the parts in today,
do you know any other place to get part besides hobby lobby and banana hobby, anyone.

Thai 04-16-2009 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: koolaid535

thanks, the second flight was all bad, i didn't set my timer and the plane came down hard, just got some to the parts in today,
do you know any other place to get part besides hobby lobby and banana hobby, anyone.
Man too bad about your 2nd flight. I've had mine out twice now. The first time was okay, had a bad take-off and ended up hitting a bump and the front wheel pushed in. The throws were too much and I ended the maiden very early for some adjustments. The 2nd flight I had 'er out, the centre of gravity must've been way off 'cause it kinda teeter tottered in the air real weird. I have it all set up perfect now and just waiting for a nice day.

As for parts, call SN Hobbies. When I ordered my F-16 through them, I had called and asked if he had extra parts. He did, just not listed. I had gotten an extra set of wings (which even included the servos) as well as an extra nose. I'm sure he's got more too. Just call.

koolaid535 04-24-2009 06:21 AM

what are your setting? epa, dual rates, etc.

f16man 05-01-2009 07:29 AM

By the way it's F16 fighting falcon not eagle [f15]

koolaid535 05-04-2009 05:46 AM

You are right f16man,
nobody caught that. I tried to edit it but can not, oh well,

Rip n Bank 05-04-2009 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: koolaid535

You are right f16man,
nobody caught that. I tried to edit it but can not, oh well,
It might be more accurate to assume, instead, that most of us caught it, and simply didn't bother to correct it. ;)

As for throws and rates, I'd recommend leaving in the factory throws, but just "expo the heck" out of the ailerons and elevator. I'm running 55% on both and that really smoothed out her manners.

Rip

koolaid535 05-05-2009 04:53 AM

I had two flights on it today and it went smooth except for the landing gear, i want to put rubber wheels instead of the stock wheels.
has anyone upgraded the wheels?, other than that the flights went really well, it was alittle windy, but it handled really nice.

koolaid535 05-11-2009 02:28 AM

question, what do u think about putting the edf and motor from my fighting falcon into a rc lander f-16 70mm?

koolaid535 06-04-2009 02:43 AM

Had a few good flights with my f-16 since the last time i post on here,  I bought a f-18 90mm frame only from BH. Just completed it,  just waiting on the batteries. I hope she flies as good as my f-16 fighting  falcon.
has anyone else been flying.

gr8taz nitro 06-05-2009 11:19 PM

weather has been unusually crappy here. Lots of back to back high winds.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/devious.gif

koolaid535 06-06-2009 04:37 AM

the winds are a little bit to much here, due to the fact i live by the ocean, but with the rudder it helps out a bunch,
I figure flying this one in wind will get me more prepared for turbines. seeing the plane bounce around and learning how to control it, that is.
I know there is a huge difference between edf and turbine but you have to start somewhere right.

muzik59 06-07-2009 12:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey every one, I just wanted to show off my new F-16 with home made nose gear. It may not be the best looking gear but helps me so much on my landings. It may also be slightly heavier than the stock one but this saves my planes 99.9 percent. I've made more for the rest of my planes.

Just finish building it today and hopfully I can maiden her tomorrow. Will update later and see how it went.

muzik59 06-07-2009 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pictures, I'm just excited and wanted to share it with all Rc plane lover, Nice landings to every one................

ARF Guy 06-07-2009 08:59 AM

The stock wire is junk and will eventually break. My tiller wire broke and it was a bit tricky to bend a new one with real spring steel.

Have been flying my F-16 for about a year now and its light weight has helped with some amazing saves. The darned thing will fly at walking speed, nose high and not roll out into the crash. Did that when I ran a battery too far down to do anything but a low throttle setting. The wind pitched the nose up and there I was 3-D'ing an F-16. No forward speed, no control reponse!

Anyway, been flying since the 70's and this is one of the coolest RC planes I've ever flown. I'm a scale guy and really like having the thing tool around in low flight,big, sweeping turns and Thunderbird-style left roll into a right turn. landings are pure art to watch! Lots of discussions on CG but I found that if you don't add weight, it flysgreat the way it comes.

muzik59 06-07-2009 12:01 PM

I've been flying airplanes for several month only, I started with heliz but ever since I got my hands on an F-15 Jet (as a first plane), I had a blast. Uh and yeah I blast it too. What got me to love airplanes was the taking off-Landings. Love that but it's been tough for me to have a perfect land and I was getting irritated. I saw this dud with some good looking landing for the F-18 and I tought...hey thats kool but cost $65.00plus tax. So, I built my own. When the jet touches the runway..........ooooh stays down and no bouncing at all.

Anyways got to go Flying...............

muzik59 06-07-2009 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The rest of the Jets.

Tommy D 09-28-2010 07:30 AM

Hi, mY buddy has the F16 from Hobby Lobby, Flies Great , bought it as PNP. lANDS LIKE A DREAM. One thing though, it is advertised at speeds of 100 MPH . NO WAY IT IS DOING THAT . Maybe 70-75. Has anyone done a motor upgrade with this model,and if so what was the speed like after it.
Thanks,
Tom