Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Flyzones New 350 Corvalis Low Wing Flaps Glides !

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Flyzones New 350 Corvalis Low Wing Flaps Glides !

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:06 AM
phillipmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyzones New 350 Corvalis Low Wing Flaps Glides !

Few flights on my new Flyzone Corvalis, it is a low wing but has flaps as well as ailerons etc. Gentle lady and glide very well. Advise a computerized transmitter even my older transmitter model SX600 worked fine.
Quick assembly as all servos and rods installed, has a collapsable nose wheel to absorb shock. Additional feature besides Flaps has neat strobe lights on a front wing and each wing tip very bright at dusk nice addition. Comes Receiver Ready also simply add the transmitter and battery.
Being a low wing its abit for the complete novice but a strong candidate for your first low wing, you'll have little issues with this puppie especially if you've flown gliders as it has similar characteristics in flight.

Is my short video clip on a deadstick landing with full flaps, somehow landed correctly, I also miss and skip in on occasion. But its forgiving and will take light abuse.

I like this one !

Short clip on deadstick landing again full flaps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kueVsviBUuE
Old 01-10-2011, 05:36 AM
phillipmorris

Default RE: Flyzones New 350 Corvalis Low Wing Flaps Glides !

Did manage an early predawn flight this morning, Strobe lights quite bright, but kept it close for visibility, its near night flight but needs rear light for better site. Sure later I'll likely do full night fight, flashing wing lights are very impressive, and the front wing light is bright indeed.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:40 AM
phillipmorris

This is a gentle bird and continues to shine, nearing 20 flights I must say Flyzone did a nce job on this one. Very Scale in appearance, smooth flyer especially for a low wing, added flaps adds to the enjoyment of flight.

As a Novices first plane actually near target, but has ailerons and flaps, so assistance from a seasoned flyer strongly advised, you could pull it off even as a first ship as its so gentle. The Wing Span is a respectable 57 inch making great visibility and handling.

Anyone use to no power deadstick landings will love the handling on this one, it floats in steady, flaps or not, to a comfortable touchdown. Timing the flare correctly you wll need plenty of elevator, so use full throw settings at least there.

It doesn't like alot of wind but handles easily up to 10 miles per hour.

Not the Sporty flyer, but an amazing forgiving flyer and its slow low pass especially with any flaps is stunning to say the least.

Take advantage of its bright strobe lights, defintely a dusk flyer, when others put their ship away because of the darkening sky, its time to fly this beauty.

The flight times are super well over 10 minutes and more with controlled throttle.

Nose Gear is stronger than other models of this type and will handle abuse within reason.

Flys and handles better than many of my other models, again if you've had any glider experience and enjoy them, your going to love this one !

Our small group of flyers has other low wing cessna like models, and they are Not forgiving especially on landing, need more continual controls and airspeed coming in, and can challenge even on take off. Defintely not the case on Flyzones Corvalis, glides in like a feather and handles much better at extremely slow speeds, its take off is like on rails and lifts off in short order especially with any applied flaps. Am I excited about this one, You Bet !
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 PM
phillipmorris

Camera picked up much more daylight than was there, it was actually alot darker, can see the ship just before it touches down dipping wings to kill altitude as wanted to avoid the camera gal. Temp was chill factor 20 below !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-rbFlhRykY
Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 AM
phillipmorris

3 months now with this bird and its held together beautifully, now vernturing into more Night Flights. Landing gear is all intact even tho earlier skipping landings. Its an easy dusk flyer and even total night flights, take advantage of a well lit parking lot as the Corvalis lights are mainly visible on the approach.

Again the landing gear, tho not indestructable, will hold up much better than other similar models, no wire wheels, reinforced nose gear, and metal banded solid rear for a much beefier setup.

Take a peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNiz0v4_IzU

But its the landings that shine, less likely to stall, and you can make continual corrections right before touchdown.

Does have some wind penetration as flown in 15 MPH with little issues, but if your new maiden in below 10 MPH breezes or less.

Far as I'm concerned this is Flyzones top entry, its handling is off the charts, has a terrific glide, deadstick is a no brainer, its long wings make for an easy to fly ship. And if you ever were curious about Night Flights, its all there. Makes a great dusk flyer, needs more lights on the going away view for total darkness flights, but I do pull this off with the aid of a well lit vacant parking lot.

You can't see the Corvalis till it drops from the top center screen, tho the camera doesn't pick it up the Corvalis is quite visible from the surrounding lights. But its DARK, see the moon on the upper right, on this brief low pass refection is from the cam ontop of my car. Only challenge was pushing the camera button on and off to capture this clip for a low pass, its awsome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhQsjF7Me8
Old 04-20-2011, 04:33 AM
phillipmorris

I continue to enjoy this one and simply can't give it enough stars, maxes out on everything I'd want

1. Its all done correctly right out of the box, no additions to make it fly, find nothing faulty on this puppie at all
2. Ailerons, Flaps, Solid Landing Gear, Lights, its all there complete package
3. Docile flyer, touch of speed if needed, does all basic aerobatics, yet an easy flyer
4. Long glide even deadstick, it won't drop out of the sky with engine off
5. Not likely to stall, infact difficult to stall, keeps flying just like a basic trainer
6. Landings, here it shines, even questionable approach can be corrected in plenty of time, flares off the charts
7. Its low wing but extended wing span makes for a very enjoyable ride
8. Very scale like inflight low passes are beauties
9. Handles some entry winds, up to 15 MPH or above to pilots skill, great penetration
10. Night Flights, easy to see on the approach, twilight piece of cake, I do complete Night Flight with aid of pkg lot lights, impressive

Not many of my other models fly this easily, want a different sunday flyer, here it is, won't be disappointed

Note I'm not a high windy flyer, but over week ago had it in over 20 to 30 MPH gusts, winds dropped to 15 at times so up she goes, was easy to fly but dang have to land in gusts. Tried to time the landing on below 20 MPH, was working right up to the last, was basketball hoop high, winds tried to push it into the hoop, turned her 180 degrees on its side, avoided, started to level was down to near head high and with gusts suddenly dropped to the pavement but stayed horizontal, and no damage, whew. Wait for another day, hah. Shes a winner....