Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Need some helping with Setup of a Slow Stick

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Need some helping with Setup of a Slow Stick

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:05 PM
meloman408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some helping with Setup of a Slow Stick

Could really use some help here belowis my setup I had a localhobby shop put the plane together but they said something was wrong with my reciever so I just got a new one andI have run into some trouble. I have thisas my complete setup.

1. Plane Slow Stick EPS400

2. Two Hitec HS-55 micro servos

3. Orange Rx DSM2 reciever 6 ch

4. GWS ICS400 ESC

5. NiMH 1200 8.4v battery

6. Tx Spectrum Dx6i

What I need to know is how do I connect everything and do I have the right connections and then how do I bind read the manual but wasn't enough. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some helping with Setup of a Slow Stick

Shoot, haven't been on in a while, hopefully you got it figured out by now, but just in case.

To bind, insert the bind plug into the battery slot of the rx, and apply power to the rx, either with the bec from your esc, or a stand alone receiver pack.
Light on the rx should be blinking.
Now turn on the tx, while holding the trainer switch on.
Watch the rx light. It will stop flashing and go out, then it will come back on solid.
It's bound, let go of the trainer switch, and remove the bind plug from the rx.
You can now remove power from the rx first, then turn off the tx, you're done.

As for the plugs on the rx, Depends on the wire colors on your servos. Black or dark brown go down, towards the bottom of the rx. White or orange face up. Red is always in the middle.
I paint a white stripe across the top of my Orange rx's just to remind me.

As for the proper sockets on the rx. Looking at the socket end, they are as follows on the Orange, reading left to right.
#1 battery for a separate power source, and for binding
#2 is the throttle channel If your esc has built in bec, power is provided to the rx and servos through the esc lead to the rx.
#3 is the aileron channel
#4 is the elevator channel
#5 is the rudder channel
#6 is the gear channel
#7 is for flaps

Depending on how you want to control your SS, if you want the controls on just the right stick, you will plug the rudder servo into the aileron channel of the rx.Elevator goes to it's normal channel.
If you want em split, you can have the rudder on the left stick with the throttle, and the elevator on the right stick. Just plug the rudder into it's normal channel and the elevator into it's.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:31 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Page 7 of your manual tells you how to bind a receiver. Works the same for Orange or Spektrum.

Rudder goes in the rudder slot
elevator goes in the elevator slot
Thorttle goes in the throttle slot

Not sure what the questions are, or if you resolved this already. If you are still unsure, post some photos and we will try to help you.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you been successful in setting up your slow stick?

I did note that my earlier post suggested you plug rudder into the rudder slot.  That actually is not the best arrangement.  Normally on a slow stick you would put the rudder into the aileron slot.