Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Freedom Flyer Info, Rating, & Reviews

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Freedom Flyer Info, Rating, & Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 02:24 AM
DanaWatson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Flyer Info, Rating, & Reviews

How come there is no Feedom Flyer RTF reveiws, ratings, or information for RCuniverse member to look at? So many people talk about it in these forums and suggest the Freedom Flyer to beginners and novice alike, yet there is nothing available in respect to info or opinions about the plane. How come?

Here's the only review I have found online: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2002/10/prweb49242.htm

The Freedom Flyer itself can be seen and purchased at: http://electronics4u.zoovy.com

Thanks,

Dana
www.danawatson.com
Old 12-19-2003, 07:54 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Freedom Flyer Info, Rating, & Reviews

You should be asking the company that sells the plane. It's up to them to promote the plane, to buy advertising, to send out samples to the various magazines for review.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:23 PM
insaneclown

Well I had the same problem trying to get some info on the plane. Anyway I just went ahead and bought it and let me share the best review youll ever get from a happy owner of this heaven sent gift to beginner pilot. This plane is outstanding for a newbie. I have had so much fun with it. I be I have crashed it 20 times and I have yet to replace the wing, or any of the original parts i started with. Reinforce the leading edge with packing tape. Thats helps a tremendous amount.
Stay off the nose because it pushes the drive shaft back into the motor when you hit and sometimes will blow the back of the motor out. It happened to me a couple of time but i just put the motor back together and she still flies fine. Put a spacer between the prop and nose plate. You will be glad you did. If the engine jams and the prop wont turn. Just pull out of the prop with a little force to bring it back into position. The only thing I dont like about the plane is that its wide open throttle all the time. This will give you little time to make decisions so you will need to find a huge area to fly it in. When you think you have found one big enough find one twice that size!!! Any more quesions contact me.....Ive since gotten into 3d foamys and Im having a blast building and flying. Good luck!!!
Old 12-22-2003, 06:10 PM
DanaWatson

I just received my Freedom Flyer today and I have heard so many great things about it. I put the plane together... following the instruction to a tee. Charged the battery fully and took it out for the first flight. Perfect weather (winds 2-3mph) and all five times I threw it up, it came right back down. Everything is on properly (I double checked) and the plane responds to to rubber controls. It just won't fly. It has a powerful engine too. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Dana Watson
Old 12-22-2003, 07:06 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

See my comments in the other thread where you ask this same question.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Dana, I understand your frustration, but it's not necessary to post the same exact question over and over and over again in multiple threads in multiple forums. You're just making extra work for yourself. One post in one thread is all you need.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:00 AM
DanaWatson

Sorry for the redundancy. I have located the problem with the servos and have corrected the misalignment. I will try flying tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Dana
Old 12-24-2003, 01:47 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We look forward to your reports.

I had my bashed and beaten Aerobird out today in about 8-10 MPH winds. Just keeps flying!

Once you get the hand of your plane, I am sure it will do very well. I crashed alot in the begining, mostly because I flew in too much wind.