Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Newbie throttle problems. Need info

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Newbie throttle problems. Need info

Old 01-17-2004, 10:27 PM
ncpcdj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie throttle problems. Need info

I am building a Slow stick with a Electrifly c-20 motor controller and a gws r4n receiver. Just wired it up on the bench and the rudder control on my transmitter controls my motor... Chanel 4 on the receiver is rudder/battery. Channel 3 is my throttle. Can I plug my motor controller into Chan 3? Will this hurt my receiver putting battery power in on chan 3? Having fun just building this thing. Can't wait to fly. Thanks
Old 01-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Chad9703

Default RE: Newbie throttle problems. Need info

The easiest way I figured out to hook everything up on my SS is to plug the items into the receiver so that the throttle is on the left stick and the rudder and elevator is on the right....trial and error basically. There may be a better method, but that is what worked for me.

You may have to reverse the directions of some of the channels for the servos and/or speed controller to make everything move in the correct direction.

Also, something I had to figure out the hard way was that the motor will not start unless the left throttle stick is initially in the bottom (off) position for safety reasons.

I am no expert by any means though.....
Old 01-18-2004, 12:38 AM
ncpcdj

Default RE: Newbie throttle problems. Need info

Well, After looking for a while in the old post, I answered my own question. All the power pins on the 4 channels are bussed together. So I can plug my controller into chan 3 and the throttle will work correctly. Thanks anyway.