Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Lipo Charger!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 07:18 AM
alex24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Charger!

Im looking to buy a Lipo Charger! Im looking for something good, but the not the very best! Something in the mid range!
Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex
Old 06-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Ernest-T
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Lipo Charger!

For 1-4 cells check out the E-Tec 2500 (around $55). I've read many good reports about that charger. I have the Kokam 402 which is also nice since it has some automatic functions that help prevent over charging, but is more expensive at around $90. There are others to look at: Hobbico, Worley, etc., that are in the $50-$100 range, but I don't know much about them. Most of the chargers over $100 will give you multiple battery charging options (NiCds, NiMh as well as LiPo).
Old 06-04-2004, 12:34 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something to think about is how many cells you'll be using, and of what capacity. Many of the lower-priced chargers can only charge 2 cells and/or only charge at limited rates (which isn't a problem, as long as you're patient). The Worley MCMR charger available from Balsa Products looks like about as cheap as a fully functional 1-4 cell charger gets. I believe there's also an apache 4 cell charger going for around the same $ now, but I don't recall who sells it. Personally, I bought a Triton for it's versatility/cost ratio. Hate to sound preachy, but if you're new to Li-power, make sure you read the guidelines and adhere to them strongly, lest you send your plane or house up in a pillar of flame[:@]. In other words, use common sense. Hope I helped.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:34 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ack! Ernest, you beat me to it. I type too slow.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:37 PM
alex24

Thanks guys! I will check those options!
For now, I will consider the Apache and the E-flite!

Thanks

Alex