Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

is there a way of removing glue

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

is there a way of removing glue

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:49 AM
barelias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there a way of removing glue

im building the pt electric .what is left is the covering only.but i just realized that there is a half inch difference between the stablizer ends. now the thin ca has to be removed. is there a chemical that removes it?? or just try to work around it with a hobby knife?
also,ill be upgrading the motor to kyosho magnetic mayhem,with a 7 cell battery,and elminating one servo by using a speed controller.the question is i want to try to make it take off from grass, would larger wheels help? the manual recommend 2.5" would 3" or 3.5" be better?also covering ,would it work without heat gun?blow dryer might do the job or just covering iron by it self is ok?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is there a way of removing glue

Acetone will melt CA, but you'll be there for years trying to soak it into the wood. You're best off carefully cutting the stabilizer free, repairing any damage, and regluing the stab to the fuselage. If this is the horizontal stab, use a small torpedo level (often found in buckets by the checkout counter at home improvement stores) to check your work.

A hair dryer won't shrink the covering. You can do it with just the iron; just turn up the heat and pass the iron over the covering slowly. With practice, you can master the heat-stretch-stick technique, which is the best way to apply covering. You then don't need to shrink the covering at all. A heat gun is quicker and quite handy in some situations, though.