Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

brushless motors

Old 10-31-2004, 07:26 PM
commpilot5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless motors

can any one tell me the difference between an electrice brushless motor which cost 49.00 and 149.00 (both motors being the same size and everything being equal as far as speed amp draw and etc.?
Old 10-31-2004, 07:32 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: brushless motors

$100.00 [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 11-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

What's the difference between a $10,000 and $30,000 car in the same situation? Quality, refinements, support....
Old 11-01-2004, 08:38 AM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Matt,

If only that were a completely true statement!!! The world would probably be a much better place..... I will agree that there are many things that you get what you pay for... but too many times it is not so. Many times it is simply what the market will bear and did the company do a good job of marketing the product as a high end unit..... I have had a few really expensive hunks of crap that the company wouldn't support!! It becomes a status symbol......it's expensive therefore it must be better...... right?

I will concede though that in the world of brushless motors, some of the differences are efficiency and power output for the same amount of input power.

Bill
Old 11-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Basically, efficiency, and... efficiency, right? That's what getting more output for the same amount of input is... Better efficiency.

Even with efficiency, it's splitting hairs. A "cheap" (read inexpensive) outrunner brushless like an AXi really isn't that much less efficient than an expensive Hacker with a gearbox. The gearbox eats up a whole bunch of energy, and in and of itself is only about 80% efficient.

They don't tell you that in the promotional literature.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Cliffw

Name names (of the motors) and we can be more specific with an answere for you
Old 12-25-2004, 02:26 PM
pmmartin

ORIGINAL: Cliffw

Name names (of the motors) and we can be more specific with an answere for you

You will at least get a lot of opinions. There are more answers to this question based on opinion rather than fact!
Old 12-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Cliffw

But we can't give an opinion or state the facts unless we know which two motors he is talking about. I stock a large selection of brushless motors and don't know of any with that kind of price spread with the same specifications.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:42 PM
pmmartin

ORIGINAL: Cliffw

But we can't give an opinion or state the facts unless we know which two motors he is talking about. I stock a large selection of brushless motors and don't know of any with that kind of price spread with the same specifications.
No, you are right unless it is brushed vs. brushless. Maybe again it is just an opinion. Some of the far east motors are cheaper but in my opinion there is a difference. There goes I have an opinion too?