Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Any words or comments on the Clancy Aviation Baby Bee Electric ARF ?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Any words or comments on the Clancy Aviation Baby Bee Electric ARF ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 10:03 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any words or comments on the Clancy Aviation Baby Bee Electric ARF ?

I was looking for a good electric trainer, thats not made out of foam ( I just dont trust the flimsy material), is small, and is a very slow flyer. I have come across the Clancy Aviation Baby Bee Electric ARF and find it perfect for my demands. It looks like a nice fat sturdy trainer to me, but i would greatly appreciate any comments from other flyers, so i can choose with confidence.

Thanks

Plane available for your inspection at:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGDX6&P=0

Thanks again!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:39 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Any words or comments on the Clancy Aviation Baby Bee Electric ARF ?

It flies good but is NOT a trainer. Try a GWS Beaver.[&o]
Old 12-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Any words or comments on the Clancy Aviation Baby Bee Electric ARF ?

The airplane is nicely built, but the included motor/gearbox is worthless. I haven't flown it because I'm looking for a replacement powerplant. Any ideas out there?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:40 PM
mythclmnmnth

I'm looking into the baby bee as well but I'm really posting about your preference against foam. I have the Unicorn that's made out of EPP (not EPS which is fragile) and it seems indestructable. I started with a balsa EP glider and of course it was the proverbial yard sale in no time at all. My second plane was the Unicorn and it has crashed more times than I care to admit. It's still flying great after a year. It's not the most stable airplane out there (until you get some skills that is) but you'll be able to nose dive innumerable times without signifigant damage due to the all epp foam/tape/cf spar construction. Give foam a chance ;-) If you do happen to get a Unicorn (www.unicornwings.net) or one of the Zagis, make sure you invest in lots of extra propellers and an extra battery.

Danno
Old 01-24-2005, 03:13 PM
jpg0529

I have a Baby Bee and have been flying it for about 7 months now. This is my first year flying and this was my second plane. It definitely is not a trainer! One of the seasoned fliers at our club remarked it is "touchy". However, after some practice and exponential setup on my transmitter, it has become a real pleasure to fly.
I did end up replacing the motor & gearbox with one from Maxx products - essentially the same but with bearings - and it does fly better. If there is a weak point, it is the motor & gearbox and I hated the propeller spinner. I also added a small tail wheel on a spring. The manual was excellent.