Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

How to Set Slo-V COG?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Talley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Set Slo-V COG?

A buddy just got a Slo-V but it doesn't have directions on setting the COG. Anybody have experience with setting up this Plane re COG, and any advice on first flights?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 PM
dribbe

Default RE: How to Set Slo-V COG?

Hi,
The planes are very consistent from the factory, so there is no need to 'balance' it.
The Slo-V has a variable wing position to let you move the wing for pilot preference. It is described in the instructions.
Moving the wing forward makes the plane more Tailheavy. In this position, it is more sensitive in pitch and trim, and will tend to fly more slowly. It will also loop and manuver tighter, which can be useful indoors.

Moving the wing back makes the plane more Nose heavy. It will be more stable, and track better. It will tend to penetrate any wind better. This can be useful outdoors.

It flies in a wide range of CG. It is a nice feature.

For beginners, most will do better with the plane in the middle, to the more nose heavy.
Generally, tailheavy is more difficult for beginners.

David
Old 01-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Rat1

ORIGINAL: dribbe

Hi,
The planes are very consistent from the factory, so there is no need to 'balance' it.
The Slo-V has a variable wing position to let you move the wing for pilot preference. It is described in the instructions.
Moving the wing forward makes the plane more Tailheavy. In this position, it is more sensitive in pitch and trim, and will tend to fly more slowly. It will also loop and manuver tighter, which can be useful indoors.

Moving the wing back makes the plane more Nose heavy. It will be more stable, and track better. It will tend to penetrate any wind better. This can be useful outdoors.

It flies in a wide range of CG. It is a nice feature.

For beginners, most will do better with the plane in the middle, to the more nose heavy.
Generally, tailheavy is more difficult for beginners.

David
Also tell him to get the 7 cell cub battery. Another good addition is the GWS 1180 prop.

dribbe, Can you tell me were I can get a colored Stryker fuselage????????? I and many others that are not on line hate the white fuselage. We realize that some people want to use the Stryker parts to build their own models with their own equipment but that leave those of use that want the stock factory colors in our strykers. Yes there are many that are just like me.

So if you could please inform me of how I can get one via PM then please help me out.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Talley

Thanks for the responses, I'll pass them along!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:25 PM
dribbe

Also tell him to get the 7 cell cub battery. Another good addition is the GWS 1180 prop.

dribbe, Can you tell me were I can get a colored Stryker fuselage????????? I and many others that are not on line hate the white fuselage. We realize that some people want to use the Stryker parts to build their own models with their own equipment but that leave those of use that want the stock factory colors in our strykers. Yes there are many that are just like me.

So if you could please inform me of how I can get one via PM then please help me out.
[/quote]

Hi,
I cannot talk about future products. It is simply not permitted. I can tell you, we do not have any immediate plans to offer a painted fuselage. We have to make choices and cannot stock every variation of replacement part. We chose to offer the white replacement. I see many people enjoying the creative process of decorating their own (some pretty good ones, and some very close to some of the concepts we originally had). I know they would be upset if we only offered the painted one. The demand for replacement parts for the Stryker has been a surprise for us. (We did not anticipate so many 'scratch builders' wanting the parts, and the fuselage production and delivery time is a little long.) We have heard the feedback, and will do our best to meet our customers needs in the future.

I would worry that your motor life may suffer with 7 cells, and an 11 x 8 prop?

Thanks,
David

P.S. The one on the box was hand airbrushed with testors plastic paint as I recall... with simple paper overlay paint masks.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Rat1

dribbe,

If this is the case then it might be better for people to pick a different manufacture. I know there are some coloered fuses in the factory somewere and it would be great to purchase one directly if possible. I have asked for the specific paint codes etc for the stryker via emailing ParkZone and the only answer I recieved was to bring in peices and try and match something up. I would also need to purchase an airbrush.

As far as the 1180 prop and the 7 cell battery goes. I have many flights with this setup and it works just great. Although I do not fly at full power and keep the power setting around 1/2 power or less. I only use full power to launch or for doing a loop etc.