Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Dare A-10 wing tip washout?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Dare A-10 wing tip washout?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 03:41 PM
hercules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dare A-10 wing tip washout?

I'm starting to build the Dare A-10, the plans call for 1/8 washout at each wing tip, I've done quite a bit of re-search but still haven't found a good explanation our how to achieve the washout, any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Eric
Old 03-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Dare A-10 wing tip washout?

Washout is basically an intentional twist along the length of the wing, so the angle of attack at the wing tip is less than the angle of attack at the wing root.

The best time to induce a washout like this is during the build phase when you sheet the wing. Instead of building it flat on the board, block the rear of the wing tip up by the recommended amount, and block all the rest of the wing ribs in between so the taper is gradual.

On a rib-n-stringer wing, with no sheeting, the washout can be induced during covering. Cover the wing flat, then get a helper to twist the wing the proper amount while you re-shrink the covering.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:44 PM
hercules

Default RE: Dare A-10 wing tip washout?

Thanks Matt for clarifying that for me, Thanks again, Eric