Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Goldberg Mirage 550

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 10:00 AM
glueboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Mirage 550

Is the Goldberg Mirage really any better of an electric trainer than, say, a Hobbico Superstar EP?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Mirage 550

The Mirage 550 is an oooooold design. I built one when I was about 12. I'm 31 now. Never flew it, though, only crashed it twice and turned it into kindling. Conversely, the Superstar EP has only been around for a few years.

I would expect the Mirage to be less maneuverable due to its larger wing, but a better glider/floater. At least, I think the wing is larger... It's also a kit, while the SSEP is an RTF. Whether that's an advantage or a disadvantage, I leave up to you.

Overall, I would say six-of-one, half-dozen-of-the-other... Just depends on whether you want to build and have something unique, or you want to get in the air quickly.