Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Firebird Commander 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:03 PM
JensVillebro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird Commander 2

Hi!

I've just learned that a new version of the Hobby Zone Firebird Commander is out, called Commander 2. Apparently the Commander 2 has a system that prevents crashes by taking control of the airplane if it's heading towards the ground. The new commander also comes in a new look and with larger control areas. I think it looks way cooler than it's predecessor.

Does anybody have experience with this new aircraft and DOES THE ANTI CRASH SYSTEM ACTUALLY WORK??

Check it out here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=HBZ2600

All the best!

Jens
Old 09-01-2006, 09:29 PM
RetArmy1

Default RE: Firebird Commander 2

I bought a new firebird commander 2 - it's still in the box. I am getting as much experience with my old firebird commander - before I take my new Firebird Commander 2 out for a test flight. I bought my firebird commander used off of ebay really cheap ($25.00) and I tell you I love that bird - I was able to get in the air on my first try and I had zero experience with RCs! My old firebird commander is so simple to fly, but I want to ensure I am really comfortable with it before I crack the seal and get the Commander 2 out of the box. I've read all of the reviews on the commander 2 and it should fly much easier then the old Firebird Commander, heck with the ACT you could even fly it with no hands. I will post my first flight with my Commander 2 and share my adventure with all.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Bigguz

Default RE: Firebird Commander 2

I have 2 of them. The ACT will not prevent a crash! But what it does is help you to avoid them. I think that for a first-timer this is a good plane to start with however if you have some experience them definatly go with at least the Aerobird Challenger which I just switched to. What the FBC2 doesn't have is elevators- So you climb by throttle only...Still, its fun to fly. Fairly durable, I guess. Both of mine are totalled though... If you do get it make sure you study the manual where it tells you how to adjust the tail, that will save you alot of grief if the bird doesn't fly right out of the box. Minor tweaks go along way even with this plane. You can turn the ACT off when you are confident enough, not much of a diff in performance other then those turns you were doing can quickly turn into spirals!

Luck!

Guz