Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

gws receiver

Old 12-06-2005, 03:39 PM
wildjaych

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gws receiver

I am not having much luck getting very much distance out of the GWS Naro 6 channel receiver. I can only get a couple of hundred feet from it and i can hear the motor sputter. I am using an Airtronics RD6000 transmitter that seems to be very nice. I am new to planes and started with a Slow Stick. I have had cars trucks and boats in the past and could get further than I can with this plane. Maybe it will go further but I am scared to try and lose it.

I read in one of these forums to try twisting the cables from the ESC, and servos but it didnt help. I checked the solder joint on the antenna wire coming off the receiver, looked good and strong. I cant move the servos and ESC further away to try to get rid of interference because the lines are too short. I dont know what else to try?????

I guess I will have to buy another receiver......I didnt want to spend much more money but I dont have much choice....Can anyone recommend one? good one for not much money???? let me know please.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:20 AM
steve ypsi mi

Default RE: gws receiver

the 6 channel is rated at 1000 feet, we use the 4 channels and they are rated at 500 feet, we fly way past the 500 foot mark, more like 1000 to 1200 feet easy
If you are hearing motor sputter, we have a couple of planes that do that, never did figure out why but they still flew just that aggravating motor sputter
You might have the wrong shift, there are negitive which the futaba radio is and there is a positive shift for airtronics

GWS NARO RECEIVER 6 CHANNEL/J
[RECNARO6/J] $24.50

GWS R6N/J (Vertical Pin) - Positive

Weight: 7.8 g / 0.28 oz

Size: 20.0 mm X 30.0 mm X 9.5 mm / 0.79" X 1.18" X 0.37"

6 Channel GWS Naro Receiver for JR/Airtronics - Range: 300 meters/1000 feet

Then there is a negitive

GWS NARO RECEIVER 6 CHANNEL/F
[RECNARO6/F] $24.50

GWS R6N/F (Vertical Pin) - Negative

Weight: 7.8 g / 0.28 oz

Size: 20.0 mm X 30.0 mm X 9.5 mm / 0.79" X 1.18" X 0.37"

6 Channel GWS Naro Receiver for Futaba/Hitec - Range: 300 meters/1000 feet

My receviers have a little sticker that has a F on it for Futaba or Hitec
Yours should have a J on it I think to be the right rec
I believe that the crystals are the same for both

Old 12-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't buy a better receiver for $39.99 than the [link=https://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?item=2098&section=1]M5 v2[/link] from FMA Direct. The 0.3oz 5-channel receiver has dual conversion design for glitch-free performance as far as the eye can see in the air.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98640.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	368339  
Old 12-18-2005, 10:44 PM
john 8750

I have two of the older M5's. They can't be beat, never a problem.

John Smith