Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

How big is Aerobird Challenger box?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

How big is Aerobird Challenger box?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Barry2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How big is Aerobird Challenger box?

I know this may sound like a dumb question.

I need to know the measurements of the box that the Aerobird Challenger comes in. This is because I want a plane to keep in the box in the trunk of my car (06 Civic). Based on pictures, I think it is a little too big to fit because it looks like the box is a good 6" longer than the wing, which would make it a whopping 48" long by my rough estimate.

If anybody would be willing to measure the length, width and height of their Challenger box, I would really appreciate it. They don't have any in stock for me to measure at my LHS. If it won't fit, then the Firebird Freedom would probably be my next choice. That box is smaller and would fit in my trunk.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Leo L

Default RE: How big is Aerobird Challenger box?

The styrofoam "box" for the Aerobird Challenger measures 43 1/4" long x 11 1/2" wide x 5 1/2" high. The cardboard box adds a little to each dimension, but I found it a lot easier to keep the plane just in the styrofoam, as long as you are careful not to pile things on top of it.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Barry2

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I needed to know and it is good news because that will (just barely) fit in my small trunk nicely. I appreciate you going to the trouble to measure and post.

I am proceeding with a purchase. I think I will first try to pick one up from eBay if I can get a good price on one.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Leo L

I bought my Aerobird last summer on e-bay from HobbyDealsUSA for about half the original price. I've had no problems with the plane. Since then I bought the Cub and Decathlon from the same dealer. Both planes had problems with their receivers and the dealer sent me new receivers immediately, at no cost to me. Good luck and may your bidding be successful.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
logweid

I got one from hobbydealsUSA(ebay) also about a two weeks ago for $75 looks new flies great.