Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

my brushless motor not working

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

my brushless motor not working

Old 05-27-2006, 10:07 AM
stircrazy07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my brushless motor not working

hello,
i've just bought a miss hydrofoam but i'm having trouble getting started. With the battery pack fully charged (i think) and new batteries in the transmitter, all flaps and the rudder work but the motor only TRIES to start... it shudders left then right then left, for 4 second and then stops and a light flashes on the esc and only stops flashing when the throttle is reduced to nil. and then i try again!!! i wont keep spinning!![:@] it's very annoying!!![:@]..... i just want to fly[]
please can someone help me and get me flying???..and boating???
Old 05-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Default RE: my brushless motor not working

What kind of motor is it?
What kind of speed control are you using?
What batteries?
What's the propellor size?

Is your throttle stick on your radio working properly (have you tested another motor/esc combo?)
Is your recever working properly?
Can you connect another brushless motor to make sure the brushless ESC is working fine?

Without much info it's hard to tell what could be wrong. Let us know and I'm sure someone may have suggestions to help troubleshoot your motor.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:28 AM
carmatic1

have you tried manually giving the prop a spin , to get it started? the problem with this is its just a workaround, your problem might not be solved and it could suddenly cut out in mid air...
Old 05-28-2006, 12:38 AM
stircrazy07

thanks for replying
all i know is here, this is what i've got... http://images.hobbytron.com/Hydrofoamins.pdf
as for testing with other motors and esc's........i have'nt got any spares or cash spare to buy them.... well.....the lady of the house say's we have'nt. and none of my friends have rc's
Old 05-29-2006, 12:50 AM
stircrazy07

my hydrofoam's ESC programming instruction.....
http://www.arrowind.cn/hobby/instuct...nstruction.doc
esc responds as written in this, so is my transmitter and receiver working correctly?
what is the cutoff for?
what is the brake for?
which setting should it be for a 11.1v battery pack?
i think my motor is a 12 pole motor..........
[] does any of this, help anyone help me?????????? []
Old 05-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Mayday!Mayday!

The cutoff is how the esc powers down when the battery is drained. (SOFT)- will slowly reduce throttle, (HARD)- will shut it off fast.
The brake is just what it sounds like-kinda like car brakes, SOFT-would be when you let off the throttle is slowly spins down the prop
MED-is the mid way a little stronger brake- HARD- would be just like stomping on the brakes.

As far as cutoff and brake I like hard cutoff and hard brake.

The voltage cutoff for an 11.1 (3slipo) would be 9.0 volts
Old 05-29-2006, 09:01 PM
stircrazy07

thanks for that,bgcatfish!!!!!!! what frequency should i be using to fly there in the u.k.???? it's 72mhz at the moment.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Not sure of the channels in the UK. We fly 72 here in the states.
Is the brushless motor working now?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:12 PM
stircrazy07

nah? [] i think it's because it's 72mhz!! i read on www.arrowind.cn that the motor will try for 4 secs then shut down if out of range or too much interference.... and somewhere else that only 27mhz/35mhz or 40mhz should be used in the u.k. [X(] .......... can i just switch crystals in my tx and rx to 35mhz? or is it money spending time? [&o]
Old 05-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

I would think if the Tx and RX are the same channel it should still work, even if not the legal RF.
As far as changing x-tals in the RX I do those myself, but the Tx I send in to the product company.
You may have to get a new RX for the correct channel, not sure about that.
Ask over in the radio threads, there are plenty of guru's over there that will guide you in the right direction.
Just remember next time you order something to specify what mhz you need and what channel!
I hopw you get it worked out.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:58 AM
stircrazy07

i recently went to buy all new electrics for this and found out a few things about my new purchase and ended up getting my money back for the hydrofoam........read the email i had to send to who i bought it from....

hello. bads news about the hydrofoam. it still doesn't run as it should, so i've been investigating and was going to but a whole new outfit for it. At the shop the bloke told me that the radio system, you sold me, are highy illegal in the u.k. [X(] (72mhz is used by the U.K aviation authority) and it's use could lead to a £5000 fine [X(] and converscation of all equipment! aswell as crashing real planes! [X(] Also he said that even the hydrofoam itself is illegal in the U.K and has no classification due to it being a surface vehilce and an aircraft and cannot use either of the frequencies allocated (35mhz/air - 40mhz/land ) because of this! ..and if the isn't bad enough. There is currently a court case ongoing in which a young lad was decappitated whilst on a skatepark ramp. [X(] The hydrofoam went one way, the lad on a skateboard went up the other. meaning the hydrofoam will proberbly never be commercially imported. [] all this means i would like my money back and then you can get yours back too! please reply.....

i got my money back ...... and got to keep the hydrofoam. so i'm still trying to get it spinning plus i've got some money to buy some more electrics with.....

so sometimes the sun does shines [8D]