Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Jaguar J-3 Cub

Old 12-13-2006, 09:45 PM
waysimm2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar J-3 Cub

I am a newbie and have been flying a skyfly with mild success. I also have a Guanli brand Jaguar that looks like a camo j-3 cub. Has anyone ever heard of these and if so how does it fly and is it a beginner plane? I am scared to break it so far because i cant find a source for replacement parts. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 12-14-2006, 06:18 AM
AJ1202

Default RE: Jaguar J-3 Cub

From what I have seen it is a copy of the Shun Da cub and parts are availible at raidentech
This is not a beginner plane, it requires some minor mods and ballance before you try to fly it and a little skill to fly as it stalls rather easy, now if your cub has the geared motor that is a plus but if it is direct drive motor the power to weight is marginal, it should be a nice flyer as long as you get it ballanced correctly and don't rush the launch and climb out, this is the biggest cause of crashes with the small cubs, trying to force it to climb to fast then it stalls and crashes. You can find all the info you need and help on the Shun Da J-3 Cub thread in the park backyard flyers forum
Good luck
Old 12-17-2006, 07:48 PM
bk166

Default RE: Jaguar J-3 Cub

I also have a J3 Jaguar, and have run into the same problem of finding a steady supply of parts. In searching, I found that hobby-estore.com has the parts. Just order the parts for the J3 Cub, but on order comments, say you need the parts for the Jaguar or send them an email stating the same. They are the same parts, just different colors. They were very helpful and I got the parts i needed in a few days. Hope this helps