Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

WILGA 2000 anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WILGA 2000 anybody?

Hi,

I'm new to RC planes. Considering purchasing WILGA 2000. Anybody with positive or negative experiance on that plane?

Appreciate any feedback,
M.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Leo L

Default RE: WILGA 2000 anybody?

The Wilga is a nice looking plane, but I don't think that it's a good choice for a first plane. The Sapac planes tend to be somewhat fragile and their replacement parts are difficult to obtain.

A much better selction for a first plane would be the HobbyZone SuperCub, which Backyard Flyer magazine calls the perfect beginner plane. Once you get fully familiar with flying, you could get the Wilga as your second plane.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Moontan

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Hi,

I'm new to RC planes. Considering purchasing WILGA 2000. Anybody with positive or negative experiance on that plane?

Appreciate any feedback,
M.

you can get parts from the Sapac page
Old 07-13-2007, 12:35 AM
jooNorway

A friend of mine have reviewed this machine.
With stock setup it flew slow and had good authority from all rudders. Takeoff from hard surface was easy. Takeoff from water worked good. Not enough power to do nice loops from level flight, but a little down-rudder ahead and it looped.
With brushless it was really nice.
(My friend is not a newbie...)
Old 08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Moontan

ORIGINAL: jooNorway

A friend of mine have reviewed this machine.
With stock setup it flew slow and had good authority from all rudders. Takeoff from hard surface was easy. Takeoff from water worked good. Not enough power to do nice loops from level flight, but a little down-rudder ahead and it looped.
With brushless it was really nice.
(My friend is not a newbie...)
What version of the wilga did he get? was it the one that comes with the lipo? never mind I see you added the brushless at the end.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
jreece
My Feedback: (58)

I have a wilga 2000 without thebrushless set up but have the lipo battery. Plane is awesome. I agree it is not made for 3D flight but is a joy to fly at a park. The plane is a little fragile for a new flyer but is very easy to fix with 6 minute epoxy. They fly off the water well and land on the water even better than on land. Taking off on the water is a little difficult since the plane does not have a rudder on the floats. The best thing to do is point it in the direction you want to take off and slam the throttle to full and it will take off very nice.