Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Make Your Own Duct Fan?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Make Your Own Duct Fan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Ptarmigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make Your Own Duct Fan?

Is it possible to make your own duct fan, so you can put it on an electric motor? Just curious.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Tippie

Certainly can be done if you have a CAD program, tool and die shop and access to a injection molding machine. (I'm being a smart A**) Actually there are a number of electric driven ducted fans on the market now. You can find some listed at: www.newcreations-rc.com and do a search for "ducted fan". Graupner, WeMoTec and KP Aero being the manufacturers. Some of the listings have photos and some do not. You can also see ducted fans at the web site of Hobby Lobby. Most the same as New Creations but at higher prices. I saw another site that listed electric ducted fans that I thought had fantastic prices, until I saw it was Pounds Sterling. If you want to learn about the basics of "Jet" flight go to: http://www.ezonemag.com/articles/199...rwag0298.shtml If you are interested in doing design work on ducted fans there is an analysis computer program for that purpose. You can learn more about that at: http://members.aol.com/KmyersEFO/kress.pdf I found most of this info by searching: www.google.com and entering "electric ducted fan models" in the search. You will get tons of info there as well as model aircraft that use ducted fans.
Have fun!
Old 02-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Tippie

Let me add to the thread one more item. Go to: www.ezonemag.com and click on "discussion" and sign up to get on the forums with them. You will find a topic heading for "Jets". There are 10 pages of threads, maybe you can learn something there also.