Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Jeti ECO 25 Set up Question

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Jeti ECO 25 Set up Question

Old 08-11-2007, 07:47 PM
liftdump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeti ECO 25 Set up Question

The instructions with the Jeti ECO 25 controller left me with a few questions...

1. When the switch is pushed to the red square position is the controller on or off? wasnt sure if red meant caution and is on, or if it means stop for off??? One way i heard some clicks from the controller. Another way and I heard a tone wich I think was on.

2. Does slow brake mean that power is gradually reduced and hard brake power is stopped all together. I know how to set each mode but am not sure what each mode means?

3. It doesnt look like theres anything to the set up but plugging it in. If what i'm reading is correct the motor should not arm without going to full throttle first.

4. One last question where do I set my throttle trim when using this speed control

I have all prior glo building and flying experience. No electric, atleast not with brushless motors and this type of speed control. I appreciate any advice you all can give. Thanks in advance for your time!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:25 AM
jooNorway

Default RE: Jeti ECO 25 Set up Question

1: I think (but might be wrong) the red mean it is armed... I never use those switches, just set them to "ON" and put them away. Since I always disconnect the LiPo before I switch off my TX after flights. Remember that even if you switch the ESC to "off" with this small switch do disconnect the battery as soon as possible. The battery will be drained, and if left connected for a long time a LiPo could be destroyed.

2: Sorry, not sure... If it is the behavior at LVC (LowVoltageCutoff) is describes how the ESC reminds you the power is low. Either it reduce the available power, or shut off the motor abrupt to indicate LVC. If it is set to "hard" you are able to start the motor again to do an approach and landing, but do not apply full throttle! When the motor stops move throttle all the way back and slowly apply throttle to restart.

3: Usually the ESC will "read" the WOT-setting to calibrate the "travel". This is why some of them require WOT for a moment to calibrate. Before you get used to its behaviour test it without propeller!

4: You have to test this. Different TX`s have different pulsewidth so some could work with full trim, others might require lower trim. If the ESC don`t want to arm set the trim all the way back! Futaba-radioes have opposite direction on throttle usually require the throttle-channel to be reversed to make ESC`s work/arm.

I use Jeties, but have no ECOs. Thus I might be wrong, but others will propably fill in here
Old 08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
liftdump

Default RE: Jeti ECO 25 Set up Question

Thanks for your reply. Good idea about hooking up your battery and just leaving the switch tucked away and on. I was not aware of the damage you can do leaving it plugged on with the swith off -not that I would plan to do that for any lenght of time but good to know.