Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Please help eager Newbie honey bee king 2

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Please help eager Newbie honey bee king 2

Old 08-15-2007, 07:45 AM
djmeeg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help eager Newbie honey bee king 2

Hi everyone, ok I have just got into RC heli's and bought myself a honey bee king 2 to have a go at. I have a few questions i was hoping people with a much better idea could answer. out of the box i noticed that the tail blades are just swinging loose and when i look a pics on the net I see they are fixed into position. Do I need to tighten them up so they dont swing loose as of now ????? Iam also having problems with my tail blade servo is this very important for taking off ?? when i try to attempt to take off the heli spins round ???

Please help me iam getting to grips with it all but just need a helping hand i think

Old 08-15-2007, 01:49 PM
new-heli-pilot

Default RE: Please help eager Newbie honey bee king 2

Welcome to the hobby djmeeg.

For your first question, yes tighten them up enough to where they will wold in place while the heli is sitting there. Don't over tighten them though, because you want them to be able to swing in the case of a crash, this will save quite a few blades. I dont have a HBK2 like what you have, but yes the tail servo is very important to all aspects of flight. Your helicopter should not be spinning around unless you tell it to though. Can you describe in more detail what is happening with the tail servo?

Here is the Esky Helicopter forum if you haven't already found it btw. [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_481/tt.htm[/link]

John

Old 08-15-2007, 03:54 PM
djmeeg

The issues i have got are as follows.

The tail blases and very very loose so loose they just flap about do i need to tighten the screws so they are both fixed pointing staright ??

For some reason i dont get a response from the tail servo either when i turn left and right on the left stick which is also my throttle mode 2 i think ?? Is there any usal causes ?

when i turn it on first the gyro flashes red fast then contines to flash slowly ???? is this normal

The paddles at the top can be moved up and down very easy is this right ???

Do i tight the main blades up also so they can be folded back like when you get it out of the box ???

Also when iam fairly near with the transmitter the heli somtimes twitches ????

When i turn the transmitter off the heli somtimes throttles up for a second ???

Finally lol , if i click the top left switch normal / stunt i think it is the heli spins the blades like crazy

sorry for long list please please help

Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

djmeeg....... go here and post your questions. There is a thread completely devoted to the HBK2 and plenty of info there.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_481/tt.htm]Esky helicopters[/link]
What you have in order of questions asked is
1. Tail blades should be just tight enough to stay in place with out touching them. To test if you shakle the heli and they stay in place.........too tight.
2. This question will also pertain to your 3rd question...... The gyro is not arming for one of a couple reasons, my guess is that the rudder trim slider is moved away from center. (On these helis to get the gyro to arm you must first turn on the Transmitter! Second, center all trim sliders except the throttle trim slider.{thats the slider to the right of the left stick} That one must be all the way down) After you check your transmitter then you may plug in your helicopter battery. NEVER EVER plug in the heli before the transmitter and NEVER EVER shut off the transmitter until you have unplugged the heli!! That rule will save you your fingers and eyesight if the heli decides to take off uncontrolled! Ok, so the transmitter (TX) is switched on, sliders all centered except the throttle slider all the way down and heli battery plugged in. The gyro will flashh quickly for a few seconds, then go to solid red. At that point the Tail servo will center itself and you will then have control of the tail (rudder stick)
4. Flybar paddle4s should move freely, that is a good thing.
5. Main blades should be snugged up so they stay in place if you lift the heli by the tail.........but they should slip down if you give the heli a shake up or down.
6. Do you have the TX antenna fully extended? If you move it too close to the heli where the reciever is, it will "glitch" and that could lead to a uncontrolled throttle up and shortly after.......crash!
7. Look at answer #2......... Always turn the TX on first then plug in the heli battery. When finished........unplug the heli first....then turn off the TX....... You are lucky all it has done is hiccup a little!
8. That is your idle up switch and changes your throttle and pitch curves drastically! You really need to find someone in your area who has some experience with Electric or gas helis to show you how to set up your heli or take it to your LHS (Local Hobby Shop) and have them show you what you need to do to set it up properly. A poorly set up heli is harder to fly and will likely crash long before it ever leaves the ground.

My final word of advice....... go to that thread I posted and post your questions there also..... There is a whole herd of helpful heli pilots there........ Ask crashcrash or betapilot for advice.....tell em Arrow sent you! Good luck djmeeg........and take it slow and get some help with setup, it takes a while to learn all you need to know to fly safely and enjoy the most challanging RC hobby there is!

By the way, I own a Honey Bee King also and just finished installing a brushless setup and better servos as well as a programmable TX/RX. I also have 4 Blade CP's and a TREX 450XL....... It really takes time to learn the things you need to know to get yourself in the air........go slow.........and enjoy!!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:03 AM
djmeeg

ok thanks all these little tips are great and now my tail servo is working. I think maybe i should take it to a model shop and ask
Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
djmeeg

thanks again everyone for your help. Has anyone got any tips at all for tracking the blades and adjusting the gyro slightly to keep the tail under control when trying to take off.

The top two switches PITCH TRIM and THROTTLE CURVE PITCH will i need to play / tweak these in order to get it off the ground or shall i set them both to 0 ????

The problem I am having with tracking is what exactly iam looking for what should the main blades look like when spining if iam they are at eye level ???
Old 08-18-2007, 07:05 PM
EricTheR3d

ORIGINAL: djmeeg
what should the main blades look like when spining if iam they are at eye level ???
If you look at them when they are spinning you should see only one blade, not a faint ghost appearance of a second blade.

I just got my Honey Bee King 2 a few hours ago and I played around with it a little bit with what power the battery had (it's charging now) and I was able to get it a little off the ground and hover slightly, but this was in my room so it's kind of hard to do anything. I've already managed to hit my leg with the blade spinning because apparently the gyro wasn't working (working fine now though) but I was powering down the thing so it didn't hit my leg too bad. I'd rather it hit my leg than the wall where it might break a blade.

Good luck with getting yours to fly... guess I'll need some of that luck too.