Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

PARKZONE SLO-V

Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
tiggerracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PARKZONE SLO-V

Hi
My grandfather has a hobbyzone super cub and he has a hard time with the whole hand eye coordination and he really wants to learn to fly. I saw the slo-v and i was woundering if this would be easyer for him. Id think since it flys slower and has slower a response time it would be easyer for him but im not sure.
Is it easyer to fly and is it slower than the cub?
Thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:04 AM
phillipmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PARKZONE SLO-V

Had the Slo-V, it unfortuately won't handle much wind, it definitely flys slower, might be the ticket for him...but has its own flight characteristics, not necessarily easier to fly...

Other possibilities for confidence:
1 Air Hogs Aero Ace tho all power driven is a super fun toy to learn orientation and $30 cheap..
2. Ember by Parkzone, tho indoor flys great if you have early AM and late PM calm weather

Personally would like to see him do more taxing on the ground to get the feel of the current Super Cub, as is a great trainer...

Had an amzing experience with my mom last year, she's 90 years old young and wants absolutely nothing to do with flying, I put the Super Cub up at a good elevation and had it flying level, put the controls in her hand, she went spastic, so let her hold the box and put her fingers on the controls as I pusled it doing 3 turns around the open field, after several mintues of this told her when to touch the stick and she responded correctly, kept repeating the slow circle and after few more minutes left her and walked away, she thought I was still there and by herself flew the cub around the field making the correct turns for seveal minutes, patience is the key, don't tackle it all at once, eventually nearly anyone can fly, hi hi...

Best..<>..