Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

NEW TO ELECT.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
EXK102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TO ELECT.

I am new to elect.

I have been reading and reading.
I have chosen the Multiplex EasyStar in the ARF as my started , trainer. I am going to put airelons on this RC
I need everything.
What do you say about the best
Charger
Battery - lipo
esc
receiver

I have two JR transmitters. Older JR Fm that has been sent in for full up grade, and a JR program that is about 3 years old.

SARG5
SEEING AND FLYING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND

Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: NEW TO ELECT.

ORIGINAL: EXK102

I am new to elect.

I have been reading and reading.
I have chosen the Multiplex EasyStar in the ARF as my started , trainer. I am going to put airelons on this RC
I need everything.
What do you say about the best
Charger
Battery - lipo
esc
receiver

I have two JR transmitters. Older JR Fm that has been sent in for full up grade, and a JR program that is about 3 years old.

SARG5
SEEING AND FLYING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND

1) Why are you goign to put ailerons on the Easy Star, you haven't even flown it yet. The Easy Star is available RTF, so it comes with a charger. Not the best but it will get the job done.

Why send in an old JR 4 channel FM. Not worth the effort. Especially when you have a JR programable radio.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Wizzard033

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW TO ELECT.

I put ailerons about 20" long on my Easy star. I used HS55 servos but it still needs rudder input. I also bent some 3/32" music wire and 1 1/4" foamies for landing gear. It will ROG even on fairly heavy grass even with the stock set up until the battery is about half depleted and any time from a hard surface. I started off with a 15C 3s 2100 electrifly battery and the motor ran well but only lasted about 15 flights. I then mounted a Rimfire 28 30 950 with a Electrifly 25 SS speed controller with an APC 9x3.8 slow fly prop and it flies very well. It runs about 74 watts on the bench and I regularly get 30 minute flights with varied throttle. I just purchased a 30c 3s 2800 and it now bench runs at 99 watts so I know it will pep it up [sm=wink_smile.gif] but i have yet to fly with the new battery. This bird flies very well and is very sturdy. I would recommend it to any pilot novice or advanced. It's great to get it down on the deck WOT and see how close you can get the wing tip in a bank and when it happens to clip the ground you just give it a ground check and get back in the air. I also added nav lights a strobe on the bottom and switched landing lights all LED and fly it at night. You can batter this plane and with a dab of CA your in the air again. I've hit trees, fence posts, clipped the wings on the ground numerous times and had three mid-air collisions (combat) with mine and its still airborne.