Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Wingo Radio Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 07:40 PM
jbot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wingo Radio Setup

I'm building my first plane to try to learn R/C flying. I have purchased a Wingo and have completed the construction of the plane. I am afraid I goofed on the purchase of a radio, however. The hobby shop person said I should go for a really good radio so I took his recommendation and bought a Hitec Eclipse 7 radio. When I read the instructions it is obviously way beyond my understanding. However, I think I understand that channel one of the receiver is for ailerons and is operated by the right stick moving right and left. Channel two is for elevator and is operated by moving the right stick up and down. Channel three is for the throttle and this is where the ESC is plugged and is operated by moving the left stick up and down. Channel four is for the rudder and is operated by moving the left stick right and left.
If all this is correct, please let me know.
Now, assuming this is all correct, my question is, should I connect the rudder to channel one, looking to the time when I will move to a four chanel set-up and will not have to relearn the "banking" control, or should I connect it to channel four so I will get used to using the left stick to control the aircraft direction on the ground?
I know these questions are very elementary but I have no other person to help me since I live in a very rural section of the country and there is no one to help me learn.
Thanks for taking the time to educate a complete beginner to flying in R/C (Even though I am a private pilot).

Jim
Old 07-07-2003, 12:39 AM
goleith

I just built my first plane (tigermoth) which is a 3 channel (R,T,E)
I connected the rudder to ch 1 -where the ailerons should be if the TM had one. Its very easy to change the servo to the channel that is supposed to use the rudder(left stick) so i think after a while i will just switch it. I dont think it matters where its is, but understand that when you move to an aileron plane you will have to learn how to turn using the ailerons which are diff. then rudder turning. But i honestly cant see how using the rt stick for the rudder will affect the learning process in any way, and since with aileron planes, you use the rudder only for landing and aerobatics... normal flying/turning you will be using the rt stick (ailerons) its prob better to leave it connected to the rt stick so you get used to using the rt stick to turn the plane right from the beginning.. Just some input from a new flyer.. hope it helps
Old 07-07-2003, 11:19 AM
goofup

In USA standard Mode II configuration, primary flight controls always go on the right stick, throttle on the left.

Yes, that means rudder/elevator on the right for 3-channel planes, aileron/elevator on the right for 4-channel planes (with rudder/throttle on the left).