Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
Reload this Page >

Outside Charge System Foe Conversions

Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Outside Charge System Foe Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 06:24 PM
psteel1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outside Charge System Foe Conversions

I know this sounds a bit nutz, but I have converted a fer nitro planes to electric but the process of taking the batteries out each time or taking the wing off, etc. is making me thinking of going back to nitro. Is there anyone who makes a deans bulked/outside charging jack? I realize the dangers about LiPo's and all and always take them out for transportation, storage etc. but..................... I am looking for a charging system that will let me charge my 4000 20C batteries without talking them all apart at the field. Someone has to make such a device but I cannot seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

psteel1
Eatonville, WA
Old 12-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Outside Charge System Foe Conversions

Even thou I don't like the idea, you could easily connect up a Deans or Anderson battery kill switch set up to do it.

Usually used to kill the power to the rest of the system it could be used instead to run leads to the pack to connect a charger. You would have to run a second switch so you could still cut power to the system from the pack. Only other problem I could see there (other then the obvious if something goes wrong one) is how are you going to balance the pack?

Maybe instead of the above suggestion, you could instead run the balance lead out to the side of the fuse. Then just plug into it and charge/balance away.