Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
 Oxalys electric to glow >

Oxalys electric to glow

Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Oxalys electric to glow

Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxalys electric to glow

I have a new Oxalys electric version and would like to know what I would need to do to convert it to nitro? I would probably use a YS70.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:55 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: Oxalys electric to glow

winglift
i've put a Mgnum 15 on a Mini-Funtana, an Enya 45 on a Kadet Seniorita EP, and am in the process of putting a TT Pro 25 on a 49" EP Yak 55m from fleabay. All I really do is make sure the firewall is beefy enough to take the force the engine is going to impose on it. That means you may want to add some gussets or triangle stock in there somewhere. I also lightly paint the firewall with a thin layer of 5minute epoxy to waterproof it. You'll need holes for the fuel line and a hole for the throttle pushrod.

i kinda look at it like "bolt that sucker on there and make it work". it's not hard, just take your time, make measurements and enjoy. it will be a rewarding experience to create something that wasn't really intended to be!!

Scotty

oh, we love pictures!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:03 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Oxalys electric to glow

ORIGINAL: skypiratescotty

winglift
i've put a Mgnum 15 on a Mini-Funtana, an Enya 45 on a Kadet Seniorita EP, and am in the process of putting a TT Pro 25 on a 49'' EP Yak 55m from fleabay. All I really do is make sure the firewall is beefy enough to take the force the engine is going to impose on it. That means you may want to add some gussets or triangle stock in there somewhere. I also lightly paint the firewall with a thin layer of 5minute epoxy to waterproof it. You'll need holes for the fuel line and a hole for the throttle pushrod.

i kinda look at it like ''bolt that sucker on there and make it work''. it's not hard, just take your time, make measurements and enjoy. it will be a rewarding experience to create something that wasn't really intended to be!!

Scotty

oh, we love pictures!!!
Scotty, I apologize for the late reply, but wanted to thank you for the advice especially since I have never converted one before. I do not fly electric and really don't have any desire to do so. I really liked this airplane and was only able to get one in the electric version.

Thanks again.