Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
 SR acropro Cutie /cox 09 ?Thoughts? >

SR acropro Cutie /cox 09 ?Thoughts?

Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

SR acropro Cutie /cox 09 ?Thoughts?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR acropro Cutie /cox 09 ?Thoughts?

Looking to do a float plane for a Cox TD 09 I have. Will be using the arf floats from the Super Cub by HobyZone. I think an SR Batteries AcroPro would be a good fit. Spans and weight are in the same ballpark. I am an old builder flyer so converting should be within my capabilities.
The AcroPro has a 45" span and calls for a speed 400 7.2 volt power.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: SR acropro Cutie /cox 09 ?Thoughts?

I have an AcroPro with an O.S. .15 and it is a great flying plane.  Since it is a kit and not an arf I imagine there isn't much to converting it to glow power but I don't know since mine had already been converted when I bought it.  It will climb straight up with the .15 and flat spin like there's no tomorrow.   My dad has the Cutie version and it is a great looking plane.  I'm going to buy it from him and probably put an Enya .09 in it.  I'm sure it would look and fly great on floats.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: SR acropro Cutie /cox 09 ?Thoughts?

Invertedflyby,
WOW A 15! I have an os LA 15 but would really like to use the Cox 09 to conserve weight.
And I like the "unusual" factor of using the Cox 09 TD. I've not flown an 09 yet but I hear they have some guts! I sure would like to see yours fly with that 15 on it, bet its a riot.