Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
 Parkzone Stinson Reliant >

Parkzone Stinson Reliant

Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Parkzone Stinson Reliant

Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Parkzone Stinson Reliant

I hate foam airplanes.

However, this is such a beautiful airplane and now Parkone has produced it in foam. [:'(]

But it looks like a great candidate for E-G conversion.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ5280
Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 PM
rc6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Stinson Reliant

Hi I like foam airplanes, but they never glide well.  I would like to see this one fly/glide in wind.  lol I can just imagine it crashing in a 1 mph wind[X(].<div>-austin</div>
Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Mine's on order.
Actually, we find that the Parkzone foam planes glide quite well. There are a large number of the Parkzone Trojans and Wildcats, plus at least one Parkzone Corsair (mine) at our club and they're a blast to fly, and thay do too glide! LOL I imagine the Stinson'll be a real hoot. Looking forward to getting mine!

ORIGINAL: Kmot

I hate foam airplanes.

However, this is such a beautiful airplane and now Parkone has produced it in foam. [:'(]

But it looks like a great candidate for E-G conversion.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ5280
Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 PM

sure looks nice. however I can buy a He** of a lot of Balsa for that cheap price. it's about time for the guys to learn how to build from plans. YES - I know that it takes time to build and more time to clean up the mess each night, before the bride starts complaining. when they eventually crash it's all the same. it's Pride that counts - LOOK at WHAT I BUILT !!! dick
Old 08-10-2010, 10:40 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear ya about the 'building' aspect of model aviation. Building is fun, and a skill that is very rewarding.

But this forum is for electric models, being converted to glow engines. That being the case, the models are already built, and set up for electric motor propulsion. And the gist of this forum is information on converting an electric propulsion system to a glow system.

If the modeler was to build from a kit or scratch, it would not be an "Electric to Glow" subject because anyone can power any model however they like when starting from the beginning of the construction.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rc6

Hi I like foam airplanes, but they never glide well. I would like to see this one fly/glide in wind. lol I can just imagine it crashing in a 1 mph wind[X(].<div>-austin</div>

What type of foam are you used to, exactly?