Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

Wanted: Professional Model Builder

Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM
rickl999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Professional Model Builder

Hi there,

I am looking for someone to design and construct a scale Socata TBM700 for use with a Wren turboprop engine.

I am a model builder myself without nearly the experience or skill to undertake a project like this. It is a gift for my father and would like it to be done right. Having researched a bit it doesn't appear anyone makes a TBM model or ARF kit.

If anyone is interested please either reply here or send me an email [email protected]

Cheers,

Rick

Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanted: Professional Model Builder

FYI... here is a site... http://justplanemodels.com/products/...ane-Model.html
Old 11-09-2012, 12:41 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

To find someone who will do it right look through the scale modeling articles in some of the RC magazines and contact the authors, especially the ones who have written about a scratch build they've done in the last few years. The top five finishers at any big scalemasters meet who enter the scratch built category would also have the skills to do what you're talking about. Don't expect it to be cheap though, because you're going to be asking a busy modeler to put off his own plans for 2-3 months to build and tweak a model for you.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very seldom are one off specials like this  spot-on at the first attempt, it usually takes a few subsequent design changes before it's as good as it can be, which could take a year or more.

I wish you the best of luck getting this done.

Take it easy
             john