Community
Search
Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

Kit or ARF Build or Repair Service.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:59 PM
saucerguy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit or ARF Build or Repair Service.

I've officially launched a kit, ARF, and repair service. Many people don't have the time or aptitude to assemble their own planes. I've been building for many years, my hanger is just too full and I enjoy the build process so much, even more then flying, that I'm offering my services for anybody interested.

Prices are always flat rate and negotiable based upon the complexity and quality grade you require. So, if you are wanting to get that plane but are reluctant to pick it up because it requires you to build it and they don't offer an assembled version, you now have someone you can count on to get the job done.

I've been more active at watt flyer then here, so look me up there to see some of what I've built in the past. http://wattflyer.com.

Thanks, Brian
Old 08-11-2007, 03:40 PM
timfarrar

Default RE: Kit or ARF Build or Repair Service.

Brian :

What a great ideal !!!

You can get the satisfaction of building the plane but not worry with where to put it and not have to pay for it. Fantastic

The only down side is you will have to give it to the costomer when you are finnished

Oh well, Good luck with your Ideal

SEEYA, TIM
Old 08-11-2007, 05:08 PM
saucerguy
Banned

I'm building two at present, one a magpie, the other a slowstick, it is cool to be building these planes I wouldn't ordinarily purchase, mainly to pick up odds and ends with how other kit manufacturers are doing theirs. The draw back, this is very labor intensive and these new guys don't realize, epoxy, CA, and odds and end's do add up cost wise, but are a necessary part of building. This one does want me to maiden them for him, I'm not backing out because I remember when I first started, I couldn't get anybody to maiden my planes for me, so would be a hypocryte if I did likewise.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 AM
firestone1121

in response to saucerguy- id watch who id build for. if the customer takes out his freshly built arf and wrecks it they may say it was your fault for this not being right or that not being adjusted properly yada yada yada. while i agree on enjoying building more than flying- you may have a liability on your hands. id create some sort af waiver or some legal document with their signature exempting you from any and all liabilities. just my 2 cents its like they say at work "cover your own a__"
Old 08-16-2007, 09:12 AM
saucerguy
Banned

Thanks buddy, it's all case by case, even with the first ones I did, the guy asked me to maiden them, I told him, if I wreck them, he's getting a fixed plane. Anything can go wrong from radio interference to sudden tornado's, same goes with the build, but I found, there are many details many overlook that results in disaster for the inexperienced builder I'm able to address regardless of experience with any particular kit.

The magpie for example is nearly complete, I did around 14 different revisions with it to make it a much more stable platform, the average kit builder would just follow the stock instructions and their plane would never last as long, much less be as rock solid of a flyer.

Bottom line, it's all upon a case by case basis and yeah, we both must agree upon a mutually benifical arrangement.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Underaged Pilot
My Feedback: (1)

can you fix engines?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:58 PM
firestone1121

what is wrong with your engine??
Old 12-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Underaged Pilot

I need to replace a screw, and I just cannot find the right screw. Its a screw on the carb of a .46 engine, any suggestions?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 AM
firestone1121

who makes it? you can get an exploded view of every little part.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Underaged Pilot

its some german company that went out of buisness, thats the problem
Old 12-17-2007, 02:12 AM
saucerguy
Banned

There isn't much to those engines at all, I'll take a stab at it if you are game, I also have a buddy that's local that rebuilds brushless motors as well.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:27 AM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

You probaby need a metric screw. A good harware store should carry it. You will probably need to cut it to length with a moto tool. Have done this with Japaneese engines several times.

Tom
Old 04-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Stick 40

ORIGINAL: noveldoc

You probaby need a metric screw. A good harware store should carry it. You will probably need to cut it to length with a moto tool. Have done this with Japaneese engines several times.

Tom
That is a good idea, but be carfull there more than one metric standard out there and some of the sizes have different threads per inch. I would take out another screw and get with a really good machinest or someone knowledgeable in screws and treads.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 AM
victorzamora

Well, I'd showcase your bricks of foam and the German P-40 on page like 15 of your thread on wattflyer. The german warhawk is simply gorgeous. It really surprised me.
FWIW, I'll send you a kit next time I need one built. I'm going to college soon though, so convincing my parents that I NEED another plane is going to be an ordeal.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:04 PM
qwerty78

hi, My name is Ted Fischer. I have been building models of all sorts since it has always interested me since I was 3 or 4 years old. my first was a revell of a b17. the very next was a balsa model, I had to have it fly. I was only 5 years old My patience was much shorter then it took me three days. it flew beautifly right into a tree, and I was never more happy. I still get the same feeling and would like others who don't have the time to feel the same. When I was 16 I rewired a ford tempo that caught fire, all from a diagram in a book, all the wiring. I'm good with directions but I also Know they can be misleading. I am 34 now and have been disabled for some time do to a bone and joint problem. my hands and eyes work great though. if i'm givin' this honer to bring joy to the mechanicly uninclined, or those deprived of time I would build them with the care I would give my own. in short I have the facilities time and patience not to mention the love of modeling to be a perfectionist. the job would help my family, even if work ran short we're doing just fine now. Please consider me for the honer, thank you. sincerly Ted Fischer home phone 573 634 7249 please call any time
Old 08-27-2008, 04:43 PM
richard grogan

ORIGINAL: firestone1121

in response to saucerguy- id watch who id build for. if the customer takes out his freshly built arf and wrecks it they may say it was your fault for this not being right or that not being adjusted properly yada yada yada. while i agree on enjoying building more than flying- you may have a liability on your hands. id create some sort af waiver or some legal document with their signature exempting you from any and all liabilities. just my 2 cents its like they say at work "cover your own a__"
There is a WHOLE LOT of truth to the above statement!About 27 years ago, I made the major mistake of building a trainer kit(not ARF) for a now ex friend(we grew up together) of mine in exchange for a Sullivan 12V starter. Built it, covered it with $kote, installed motor and radio and test flew/trimmed it. All ok, right?

He took the plane out by himself, no experience whatsoever, and destroyed it! Took the remains to the local EXPERT, Expert said it was MY fault! Amazing..

I gave back the starter.We havent spoken since.Shallow- yes he is-still!

IMHO, if someone wants to fly and buys an ARF, they can assemble it and learn "something" about model airplanes.

Definitely cover your but with a written agreement before going forward! Only thing worse than being one who builds airplanes for others who crash is ones who flys airplanes for others who crash!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 AM
saucerguy
Banned

ORIGINAL: richard grogan

ORIGINAL: firestone1121

There is a WHOLE LOT of truth to the above statement!About 27 years ago, I made the major mistake of building a trainer kit(not ARF) for a now ex friend(we grew up together) of mine in exchange for a Sullivan 12V starter. Built it, covered it with $kote, installed motor and radio and test flew/trimmed it. All ok, right?

He took the plane out by himself, no experience whatsoever, and destroyed it! Took the remains to the local EXPERT, Expert said it was MY fault! Amazing..

I gave back the starter.We havent spoken since.Shallow- yes he is-still!

IMHO, if someone wants to fly and buys an ARF, they can assemble it and learn "something" about model airplanes.

Definitely cover your but with a written agreement before going forward! Only thing worse than being one who builds airplanes for others who crash is ones who flys airplanes for others who crash!
AMEN!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 AM
timfarrar

Brian, are you Saucerguy on RC Hangout also ?

Seeya, Tim
Old 08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
saucerguy
Banned

Hi Tim, nice to see a familiar face here, yeah, I'm the same one. RC hangout is a fun board, you guys are doing a good job with it.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
timfarrar

ORIGINAL: saucerguy

Hi Tim, nice to see a familiar face here, yeah, I'm the same one. RC hangout is a fun board, you guys are doing a good job with it.
Thanks Brian but you are part of us too...

Good to see you !!

Seeya, Tim
Old 08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
saucerguy
Banned

Tim, I here what you are saying, you are a huge asset to RC Hangout, this reflects in this matter along you and several other RC Hangout guys being part of the welcome crew. I'm honored to be in your company.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
timfarrar

Brian, I think I may have come accross Bruno on "RCSB"
The avatar is Bruno's with that dog in a airplane suit but the signature says Alan.

I havnt ask Bruno if it is him yet but I am currious...lol lol lol...

It may be someone named Alan and he knows how to copy a avatar...lol lol lol ...

That is a funny looking avatar, it was a Holloween costume for his dog...lol lol lol...

Seeya, Tim
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 AM
saucerguy
Banned

Yeah, if you don't register your screen name with all of the major boards, it can pose to be a problem for those trying to connect with friends cross boards. Luckily there is only one saucerguy, I don't think the boards could handle more then one of us, lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:05 PM
T Locklear

Hi, I would like to interduce myself and my company Universal Drop RC to you.

My name is Tony Locklear.

Universal Drop RC is a North Carolina based business which prides
itself on offering a specialized service involving RC Aircraft
assembly. We take the necessary time on all assembly's making
sure that the aircraft is assembled to the manufacturers' specs.
We can assemble aircraft with or without specified engine and
electronics.
We currently serve the eastern part of North Carolina. We are able to
do custom assembly's at which we talk with the customer,determine the
aircraft and equipment you want installed,complete the assembly then
ship it to your home.

Keep in mind with all the variations of products such as
aircraft,engines,servos,transmitters,receivers,etc we do not keep
inventory of these items. We work with our local hobby shop and
vendors to get you the items you need at the best prices.

There is a small demand for this service and i would like to place my
self in postion to help your custmors. If you would like more details
about  our services or business fill free to call me at 910-536-3703
or e-mail me at [email protected] also you can visit
our site at http://www.universaldrop.com/  please reply back with some feed back