Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

Need UAV designer ASAP!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:35 PM
aeroanalysis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need UAV designer ASAP!

I need to find my replacement! I've been developing the airframe for an unmanned aircraft company for about 9 months now and I no longer have time to support this project. The person to replace me must be a one size fits all mid to senior level mechanical engineer, designer, builder fabricator. You must be willing to re-locate to the Philadelphia area. You don't necessarily need a degree, but you need to be highly skilled in basic engineering skill sets including composite structural analysis, heat transfer, component design and manufacture, loads analysis, and testing. You should have decent technical writing skills to document your results. You must be decent in Solidworks or be able to learn very quickly. Most important is your ability to integrate systems, mainly propulsion and avionics. You need to have designed and installed aircraft propulsion systems, including cooling and accessories. We will check your references! I will stay on the project part time to guide you. This is a demanding position that would be a dream job for the right person. The pay is well above industry standards. You must start immediately. Send me a P.M. with a BRIEF description of your experience along with a CV.

-Daniel
Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Rocco leo

Default RE: Need UAV designer ASAP!

Mr Daniel .

This video is about my last work.

MB-339A BY ROCCO LEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPIE4EP4tec

ENGLISH ELECTRIC CANBERRA BY ROCCO LEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h6u6wIN-Us

RAFALE C-01 BY ROCCO LEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYQAJ1DXc0
Old 01-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Joystick TX

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting video.

The job sounds like a lot of fun!

Back when I was younger and had to work for a living doing systems engineering, I wrote the SEMP for a UAV to meet the US Army specs. It was tons of fun and I got to play with some serious top of the line equipment. It did involve lots of long nights and weekends, but it was worth it. The project was completed in six months and they are still flying them in a couple of countries, but the US Army never bought any.

There was one interesting requirement that we never could get cleared up. The UAVhad to be backpack portable and able to survive for 3 hours under 30' of water. I thought those requirements were a joke, probably a cut-and-paste error. We did not even try to meet the underwater requirement.In order to sink our UAV the soldier would need to weigh about 150 lbs and be made of lead. I did make a statement that those Army troops must be a lot tougher than they used to be. I never saw any that could stay under water for three hours.

Anyway,I got on the team because I flew RC planes.The project was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Like we needed an aeronautical engineer on the team, but didn't have one. We also did not have a "real" pilot and boy did we need one.

Judging from the comments I see on here, there are at least 100,000 people that meet all of aeroanalysis' needs. Except maybe the relocation requirement.

I'm sure aeroanalysisfound a replacement by now and the job is not open.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 AM
joeskeeter
My Feedback: (4)

It does sound like a dream job.I've done turbine rebuilds at nuke plants at journeyman millwright level.Have a BS degree with some hard science.Have a commercial diving cert from a major diving college.Got into the hobby with heli's, building kits,and putting cameras on them.Started into a scratch build plane,presently building a SPAD.I know I could get up to speed on this kind of a project because I have self taught myself, all sorts of software,and build my own pc's with components.Unfortunately, I don't have a degree in physics or aeronautics, and that looks like what they are looking for.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
BuckeyeBomber01

aeroanalysis,

My name is Eric Romstadt,

I am currently a student at The Ohio State University in Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering. Here at OSU, we specialize in advanced composite layups such as fiberglass, carbon, and kevlar. I have been in the hobby for 15 years, and am 23 years old. I have many years and thousands of hours designing, building, and testing small models to full scale aircraft. I hold both Airframe and Powerplant certificates from the FAA. I have Solidworks, and AutoCad experience. I am the current president of the OSU Aero-Design team. The team designs, builds and flies model aircraft for specific competitions. Including SAE and AIAA sponsored competitions. Out latest competition was sponsored by Raytheon and Cessna. We were to design an electric model that would fit in a carry on suitcase, be assembled in 5 minutes or less, have a flight time on at least 6 minutes, and fly payloads of golf balls and a steel bar payload (to simulate "medical supplies and ammunition"). I also have an Associates degree in Aviation maintenance and management. I would be very interested in this position, though I am not sure that I am of the age that you are looking. I do however have the experience that I feel you are looking for. I would be able to send you a resume if you feel that I may be a candidate for this position. My e-mail address is [email protected] if you would like a resume to look over. Best wishes!! Eric

Old 07-04-2011, 01:17 AM
hhltd

Hi!
Are you interested to move your project in European Union (Romania, Eastern Europe)?

If yes, contact me please.

Have a nice day,
Zorin / aerospace engineer
[email protected]