Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

weedeater 26 cc direction of rotation?

Old 04-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Mitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weedeater 26 cc direction of rotation?

Hello folks.
Long ago i found a 26.2 cc weedeater trimmer.I stripped everthing off and got the engine out just to relise that it will be a pain in the ***** to convert it to the airplane use because looking at the flywheel ,pull rope starter cranking it clockwise.Well,i put it on the shelf till the better day and forgot about it.Then few days ago someone brought a leafblower to me to fix,When I opened lid off the blower I recognized an engine.Same casting,same mounting holes but blower was cranking counter-clockwise.Coils looks alike but i guess they are different.Long story short the old project got a new life Although i never relised how fast you got to spin the engine to get a spark.I never though till i tried to get a spark by turning flywheel by hand with no spark plug in.Then i used a drill and it started sparking @ about 5-600 rpms.[:-] Guess will have to think up an electronic ignition.Oh well,We'll see.
Though will share with y'all my discovery

Have a good day everyone.
Mitty
Old 04-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Flying Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: weedeater 26 cc direction of rotation?

I'm running a homelite 30cc. with the original ignition and I start it with a standard Sulivan Starter on a good 12v. battery.
I've been running for 2years and it works great.