Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

super tigre gas conversion

Old 01-26-2005, 09:14 PM
stupidaso
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super tigre gas conversion

Will this engine run on gasoline? I have an old Supre Tigre S 2000 that looks almost new. However, it has a walboro carburator as well as a brass nipple in the rear crankcase plate. I am experienced with glow-fuel, but not gas conversions. It has a stock glow plug.

Will this thing run on gasoline? If so, which mixture? What is the nipple for? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Brian
Old 01-26-2005, 10:03 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: super tigre gas conversion

The Walbro will need a pressure impulse signal from the crankcase for the pump to work. The brass nipple must be the tap to run a impulse line to the pump cover?

Glow fuel is not normally used in Walbros. The stock carb will normally not pass enough glow fuel to run the engine. Also glow fuel will eventually destory the gaskets in the carb.

In a Super Tiger, the connecting rod has no needle bearing on it. You still need to run a good bit of oil in the gas or the rod will fail.

Glow carbs normally do not work well with gas. One click in and it's too lean. One click back out and it's too rich.

Where's the ignition? It will not run on gas without ignition.

Enjoy,

Jim