Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Volture
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Nice day here, but a little too windy to go to the field, so today was the first big day of spring yardwork. Lots of gassers going in my yard...

Mantis tiller (Kioritz): Fired right up -- 2nd pull -- what a great little machine. This motor will NEVER see an airplane!

Stihl blower (Very old one, Kioritz I believe, judging by the cylinder), fired right up on 4th or 5th pull.

Vintage Lawnboy -- from the OMC years with the magnesium deck. Priceless. Will it ever give up the ghost??? Will I ever have to buy another push mower???

Tecumseh on my Snapper rider -- Hard to believe, but this guy started on the first pull after sitting all winter. I planned to just pull it through a few times before hitting the electric starter, but away it went.

Ahh, and then there was that Homelite trimmer -- wife gave up trying to start it. I got it to go after about 15 more pulls. Wife went off to trim, then shortly came back in a huff -- line wouldn't feed. I went to Wally World for more line. Rewound. Wife went off to trim, came back in bigger huff. Said if I expected her to ever weedeat again I had better buy her a decent trimmer.

"Well sure dear, if that's what you want, I just want to keep you happy..." I said, biting my tongue to keep from smiling. Little does she know that the Homey will be clamped to my milling machine and trimmed down before before the stroke of midnight...

While I finished mowing the yard, I daydreamed briefly about shopping for her next trimmer ("Wouldn't you like a 4-stroke, dear?") based primarily on its conversion potential. Then I came to my senses and realized that no, it's time to treat her like the lady she is. Gonna go out Monday and buy her a new commercial quality Echo -- one that like the Mantis, will probably never seen an airplane.