Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Lama V3 xtreme short flybar help?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Lama V3 xtreme short flybar help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
soursm4ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lama V3 xtreme short flybar help?

Hi all,

Ihave bought the short xtreme flybar for my LAMAV3 and it comes literally with the bar and nothing else.....no weights.

Does anyone knowwhich weights to attach to the threads on either end of the flybar and where to get the weights from? The weights from the standard flybar do not fit as they dont have thread on them and the short flybar doesn't have the hooks on either end that thestandard flybar has.Ive had a look around on websites but cant see anything, unless of course Im missing it.

Also do you know, how much weight should be added to either end of the shorter flybar?

Itried it with no weights just to see what happened and the flying experience left a lot to be desired. In other words, it was all over the place.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
soursm4ck

Default RE: Lama V3 xtreme short flybar help?

Anyone???
Old 05-13-2011, 01:42 PM
erdnuckel2

There are different options for weights:

you could buy dedicated weights ... not really cheap - brass weights that are specificallyy made for this purpose (about 10$ shipped ...)

the way that many people go is to get some wheel collars (DuBro) that are used for rc cars - dont know too much about that, as Ido have the brass weights because the rotorhead I am using is a complete package (with bar and weights) .... this is probably the cheaper solution (the "weights" itself are rather cheap, what may cost here is the shipping - or you just go to your local hobby shop and ask for the wheel collars)

the whole in the middle needs to be 2mm (same as the inner shaft) and the weight you want to use is between 3 and 4g - with wheel collars that usually means you need 2 on each side)

there are also other dedicated weights than brass weights, just "explore" google a little bit and you will find what you are looking for ...

E2
Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 PM
soursm4ck

Hi E2,

Thanks for that info. I've tried looking online but could find anything about the xtreme bar really. I'll have a poke around again now I've got a better idea. It just happens Im going to my local RCshop today for some buggy parts so I'll check out the wheel collars whilst I'm there too.

Thanks again.