Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

WHICH R/C ELECTRIC HELI?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

WHICH R/C ELECTRIC HELI?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:20 AM
john wewege

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHICH R/C ELECTRIC HELI?

I am able to fly the E-sky Big Lama and wish to procedd to the next level in helicopter flying. Any suggestions regarding which make/model I should consider next?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:41 AM
aircrash

Default RE: WHICH R/C ELECTRIC HELI?

You can go to a 4ch fixed pitch heli but Ithink it will not be an improvement at all.
As the improvement will be to be able to fly in wind and something bigger (in size).
A 4ch fixed pitch would be a drawback actually as it has all the negatives of the Big Lama and many more, without any advantage.

So a 6ch collective pitch is the next step.
It has the advantages and the disadvantages.
Out of the 6ch CP a good start might be the 450 size. As the smaller are twitchier and more difficult to learn with.

Advantages:

It flies better in wind and if you`re skilled then it will fly no matter the wind.
It does aerobatic tricks. Well, don`t dream yet, first you must be able to fly it. And it needs some time.
It is bigger.
It is customizable. This is a huge advantage but the same time a huge disadvantage.

Disadvantages:
It costs more to buy.
It costs more to maintain. A crash and the cost is way more than a Big Lama would ask.
Every crash equals to a lot of repairing time. While Big Lama could get away with no damage at all.
It needs so much more time to adjust. And it needs a frequent check and adjustment.
It needs a field to fly it, or a large space. No indoors that a BOL could fly with safety and not small yards. Else it will be dangerous for serious injury and/or damage to property.
It takes more space in the house.

Well, the advantages are strong, but so the disadvantages.
So consider thinking what you want, if you can, and your wallet too.

Have a look at my point of view on which 450 CP to pick:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10857138

Old 12-14-2011, 07:03 PM
downunderdog

Default RE: WHICH R/C ELECTRIC HELI?

The Blade MSR is a pretty nice step up from a coax. It's more maneuverable, but not terribly tough to adjust to if you're decent on a coax. Perfect for flying around in the house because it's so small, and it's also better outdoors than a coax.

The Blade 120 SR looks pretty good and might be a better option if you want something bigger, but I've never tried it or seen one up close so I can't really add much other than what I've read about it.