Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honey Bee FP tail vibration issue (up and down)

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honey Bee FP tail vibration issue (up and down)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Ricardo Morales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee FP tail vibration issue (up and down)

Hi All,

I'm so new to RC helis but been flying RC airplanes for a while. I bought the E Sky begginer helicopter series package which includes the KOB, honey bee, and honey bee CP2.

I already manage to fly the KOB without major issues and now moving into the honey bee. I have moved the 4 in 1 controller and setup the bird propperly (in ym opinion), but I have a tail bobbing (wobbing) issue.

I have taken a couple of videos and posted them to you tube, seraching for help within the community. video ID is: http://youtu.be/LfIzpTiCS-w

What I have checked so far without any luck is the following:

- Main rotor blade tracking: Replaced one of the blades with a spare one to ensure correct tracking
- Main rotor head and blades have been balanced using the "glass support" method
- Flybar paddles, are flat and aligned. Also the distance to the center hub is equal
- Helicopter is properly balanced
- Gyro tune postition is the most left in the transmitter. If I move it to the right it wobbles much more even sideways
- Tail blade has been balanced properly
- Tail swash and blade retainer (the little fuel tubbing) are tighten and properly set
- Removed the plastic yellow guide at the end of the tail boom
- Swash plate horizontally aligned to the heli frame
- Checked all the linkage of the servos, and screws are tighten properly
I really don't know what else to do in order to fix the bobbing problem of the tail. As you can see in the video, the tail motor is not spinning steadily, instead of you can hear sort of "batches" of power provided by the tail motor, instead of a constant power.
The problem increases as I push up the throttle. I cannot do anything else than forcing the heli to hover, if I try to start moving sideways or front and backwards, due to this problem I see that the heli can be out of control.
I wish you guys can help me to solve this problem. I really like this bird and I want to start practicing more indoor for the outdoor flight.
Looking forward for your comments and suggestions.

thanks!

Ricardo M.