Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:03 AM
honeybee11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

when its just of the ground or just on the training gear it moves left and forward quite fast how much throttle and throttle trim should you use to be hovering thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 07:10 AM
humveecrusher

Thanks casipak. Mine just didn't seem to have much pitch in normal mode. Maybe it was because it didn't have enough head speed due to the low voltage battery. It did seem to work ok in 3d. I ran the throttle to half and switched the switch. It seemed to have full pitch in both directions and the motor increased in both directions as it is supposed to. Fortunately it didn't have enough power to lift off so I was safe.... What should the pitch be in normal mode? Mine looks to be almost zero pitch.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:20 AM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

humveecrusher,
Are you using Nimh? They don't have enough power for the Hb2 so that's why we use lipos. They have a much better effect.

honeybee11,
adjust your cyclic controls. They might be off. Are the servo arms in the middle? Might want to adjust them too.

Are the hornet parts compatible with the HB2? I saw some nice aluminum head parts for it and I thought of using them on my HB.

jlb0305,
which main motor do you think I should replace the stock one with?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:29 AM
jlb0305

well... i would have suggested the 400 for performance improvements but if you need an ESC you may not want to and I'd just try to find a 370 or 350 thats better than the stock.

There is also a 400 w/ speed controller on clearence @ hobby-lobby.com I don't know but it may work with the HB... its only $19US though

I want to know about the parts for the hummingbird or a hornet... i want to see about doing some mods that are availible for them but not the honey bee.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:31 AM
rbiasi

humveecrusher,
The heli drifting left when it is lite on the skids is normal. Remember that the tail motor is blowing air to the right which pushes the heli to the left. When you are throttling up you want to give some right alieron to counteract this. Then as it lifts off you move the stick back to center. Another result of this is the helis lean a little to the right while hovering. They all do this. My HB2s and my TRex all do this.

As far as not lifting off. I think jlb0305 is right. Get yourself a li-po. I have never been able to get my HB2 off of the ground with the 8.4v 650mah Ni-Mh battery that came with it. But maybe I just got a bad one. I've seen pictures of the things flying with the Ni-Mh batteries. So I guess it can be done.

As for drifting forward. It shouldn't do that. Make sure that your swashplate is level. Looking at it from the back it should lean a bit to the left. This is how they come setup. However, looking at it from the side it should be level. If it isn't then adjust your elevator trim to level it.

A few things to check/try. Make sure your swashplate didn't seperate. It should be one piece. If it isn't then the servos can't pull the swash down to give you positive pitch. If it did separate carefully glue it back together with some CA. Also, after your ESC has armed (LED solid green) try pushing your throttle trim up to max. When I was using the Esky TX I could not get my HB2 to lift unless I had the trim pretty much at full.

You say that the pitch is 0 in normal mode. I assume that this is with the throttle down? That is normal. To check your pitch unplug both motors from the 4-in-1. Now increase the throttle. You should see the blades go from 0 pitch at low throttle to positive pitch as you increase the throttle. If you don't get that then I'd check for a separted swash.

Hope that helps...
Rich
Old 04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
casipak

jlb0305,
What do you think of the dd motor at www.heli-fever.com?

I guess I'll get a 370 motor from this website I know. I'll post a link when I get home. It's around 12 bucks.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:58 PM
seanrolsen

Hello World! This is my first post (aren't you so proud!)

I wanted to mention what I had read the other day on here bout the carbon fiber blades. he/she said that they are more durable, but if the main blades did not break when you crashed, what would... something more expensive, or something less? Food for though.

I wrecked my HB2 about 5 times now, without even getting it more than an inch or so off the ground! -(I think I had my motor plugged in backwards?!) Anyway, I took it apart to replace my swash plate, and now I am afraid that I will not be able to get it back together again! My biggest concern is the metal pin. Is that all that keeps that peiece on? Is there some sort of diagram on how to put this monster back together again? Well, I am still waiting on parts from heli-fever (from 11/12/04, I am still "pending" ) They seem to take forever.

Oh, and by the way, I don't know why, but I bought that himax himark brushless motor from heli-fever.com. Do I have any use for that on my HB2 without having to buy a new tranmitter and a new esc? Otherwise, I guess I will give it away to whomever wants it...
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 PM
jlb0305

you need a new brushless ESC, w/ BEC is suggested, for a brushless motor.

as for heli-fever.com that stinks... i got my stuff a week after i ordered.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:20 PM
seanrolsen

Hmmm.... thanks, that is what I thought.

Well, anyone want a brand new brushless Himax/Himark motor? If I send it priority mail, it will prolly cost me like 3-4 bucks, so its no big deal. (If I am allowed) I'll send it to someone who really needs it, not just for someone to sell, ok?

let me know!

Best,
Sean
Old 04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
seanrolsen

Oh...
About the stock transmitter on the HB2 - Does the Trainer switch do anything, and what exactly does the 3D switch do? It looks like from the movies I have seen, if you perform a roll, then flip the switch, the main rotor pushes instead of pulling, allowing you to fly upside down. If I flip the switch when I am hovering, will it slam against the floor??
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2005, 02:42 PM
jlb0305

how much you want for it (the motor)? PM me
Old 04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
jlb0305

ORIGINAL: seanrolsen

Oh...
About the stock transmitter on the HB2 - Does the Trainer switch do anything, and what exactly does the 3D switch do? It looks like from the movies I have seen, if you perform a roll, then flip the switch, the main rotor pushes instead of pulling, allowing you to fly upside down. If I flip the switch when I am hovering, will it slam against the floor??
Thanks!
I con't find the trainer switch actually doing anything for the heli... probably for the trainer cable or something... as for the 3D, it adjusts the pitch so that it can fly upside down, I don't know for sure but I think if you were however and flipped it, it would fly straight towards the ground, that is however only going on the fact that when i flip it on the ground the heli is like stuck to the ground... I've never tried to flip the switch while hovering... not sure i really want to...
Old 04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
casipak

What's the price you willing to sell the motor for? I have my b-day coming up so that means I get some extra cash for helis and I am pretty sure I can get the esc and try and use the motor.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Flying Rock

Guys,
Since buying directly from the manufacturer was mentioned in a post on 4/18 I thought I'd ask a couple of questions about spare parts and upgrades:
1. What spare parts are needed most for the HB/HB2?
2. What upgrades are most desired?
3. Is it best to buy the HB stock and make the upgrades from domestic parts or buy it with upgrades installed?

I ask because I wanted to buy a heli that I could learn on and fly outside (weather permitting). I decided to just go straight to a manufacturer and buy a lot of 100. Of course Walkera is offering very nice prices, but they don't have a good reputation. I decided on the E-Sky HB2. If I do this, I'll just set up a business and probably advertise here.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:11 PM
fermoral

Then, you'll have a customer (at least)
Old 04-20-2005, 04:25 PM
tnd2000

Save that Himax motor, if you become comfortable flying your HB2 outside and good at it, you'll want that to replace the stock 370 with the himax.

I've seen a video of HB2 flying inverted. What the video didn't show was how it got into the inverted position. The video started with the HB2 already in inverted hover. I have not heard any report of anyone flying their HB2 inverted.

I use CF blades on my HB2, strong doesn't begin to describe it. When my stock blades collide with my table, my stock blades get damaged. When my CF blades strikes the table, the table gets damaged.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
casipak

tnd2000,
how much did you spend on those blades? around $40-50? I think that's a good investment. Does flying with the cf blades change anything in terms of handling?

I actually downloaded a video from an ebay seller I wanted to buy my HB2 from and the heli was on the ground, then flew up, and flipped upside down and started flying inverted. Didn't say if it had any upgrades on it though.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:33 PM
seanrolsen

Update: gave away the motor (no mention to whom) I would have kept it, but I didn't want to spend more money to use it.
_______

After searching, I think I discovered the technique to the inverted flight. (maybe)

You need momentum forward, then it appears that you must attempt an upwards-then-coming-backatcha-roll-thing. Basically do a flip. Then just before you peak on your roll -when heli is on its way to being upside down- flip the switch. As you peak, you will be able to stay in that position, given you can control it. So, does that make sense?

If anyone has flown inverted with the HB2, how did you do it?

I have really been thinking about upgrading to a better/bigger/priecier chopper. I think that perhaps in the far future, I may. But I really like the idea of the challenge of getting this one [HB2] to work out and be good at flying it - as opposed to just buying more expensive things to make it easier. (Plus it's hard to put out 30-60 bucks for a metal swashplate not even designed for my model)

~Sean
Old 04-20-2005, 06:02 PM
casipak

The inverted flight technique is right. I heard other people doing it like that with the HB2.

here's that video I was talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...970756405&rd=1
Old 04-20-2005, 08:13 PM
jim p.
My Feedback: (4)

For all of you looking for a hotter replacement 370 motor, here's what I bought for mine
It's a mod motor for I think 1/16th scale r/c cars, I'ts made by Venom I got mine from Tower Hobbies for the huge sum of 15.99, makes one heck of a difference!!!!! Try this link,hope it works- or paste it- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUM8&P=0
I also replaced my weak,junk stock tail motor with an indoor airplane motor from a Wattage b2 bomber, two motors for 8.00,smaller can,bolts-up direct,lighter, works great,havent burnt one up yet with a lipo and extended hover-10 mins. used the stock pinion,got it off with a little heat........Wattage pn#-128470
Old 04-20-2005, 10:23 PM
seanrolsen

I just spent another 100 bucks on my HB2 today. I got a twin tail motor kit, a ducted fan system, and the CF fan holder and fin. I also got the CF paddles. It will probably be more than a week before I can even install them though... Has anyone else seen this ducted fan system on an HB2?

Maybe I should have asked before I handed over my CC#? Oh well. I am hoping it will work asgreat as it looked in the photos... I'll let you all know what happens when I get it up, and post a link for pics.

~Sean
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM
seanrolsen

Hey! I just got an e-mail from Rachel at esky... she signed it "Yours Faithfully" - how 'bout that, huh?
anyway, she said that I could order products direct, and one at a time.

This is good news because I have a special import account where I get free shipping from overseas packages when used through this account. She told me that I would be able to use the account!

I want to order something inexpensive to test it out, and make sure. She will e-mail me later with a price list.

[sm=RAINFRO.gif]Sean
Old 04-21-2005, 12:06 AM
pwterry

3D SWITCH

Raise the throttle stick to half (heli on the ground). Flip the 3D switch towards you. Half throttle becomes zero pitch, and a little over half power (RPM's). Now when you move the throttle stick down, you get negative pitch (for inverted flight) and increasing power. When you move the throttle stick up from half, you get positive pitch (for normal flight) and increasing power. Normal flight can be done with the 3D switch in 3d mode. But, if you panic and slam the throttle to zero, the heli will go to full negative pitch and full throttle.

NORMAL TO INVERTED FLIGHT - 3D Switch in 3D mode (do Not flip switch in flight)

While in fast foreward flight, pull back on the cyclic stick (elevator). This will start a loop. When the heli reaches the top of the loop (it will be inverted), pull the throttle stick towards zero (negative pitch plus power). Now the heli is in inverted flight. While inverted, to get the heli to go up, the throttle stick must be moved down (closer to zero).

To return to normal flight, repeat the half loop. This time moving the throttle stick from below half to above half at the top of the loop.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:17 AM
fermoral

Hi Sean, it seems you are going better with Esky than I did. I contacted with someone called Linda, not Rachel, and I think she was Chinese, because her English was full of mistakes and it was also incomprehensible at times (eventhough I'm Spanish, I noticed that). Maybe she was using an online Chinese-English translator (we know how these translators work). If you are luckier than me with this Rachel let me know. Have you asked her about the payment method? I asked them if I could pay VISA instead of bank transfer (my bank said it'll be 30$ extra for the transfer from Spain to Hong Kong), and they said it was possible, but I had to send them my remittance bill (?) by fax. What's that in a VISA payment? I just wanted to give them my VISA number as you can do in any online shop. As you can see it was a bit messy, so I decided to give up the matter. It was a pity, they sent me the price list and everything was really cheap. Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Fernando
Old 04-21-2005, 06:12 AM
jlb0305

ORIGINAL: pwterry

3D SWITCH

Raise the throttle stick to half (heli on the ground). Flip the 3D switch towards you. Half throttle becomes zero pitch, and a little over half power (RPM's). Now when you move the throttle stick down, you get negative pitch (for inverted flight) and increasing power. When you move the throttle stick up from half, you get positive pitch (for normal flight) and increasing power. Normal flight can be done with the 3D switch in 3d mode. But, if you panic and slam the throttle to zero, the heli will go to full negative pitch and full throttle.

NORMAL TO INVERTED FLIGHT - 3D Switch in 3D mode (do Not flip switch in flight)

While in fast foreward flight, pull back on the cyclic stick (elevator). This will start a loop. When the heli reaches the top of the loop (it will be inverted), pull the throttle stick towards zero (negative pitch plus power). Now the heli is in inverted flight. While inverted, to get the heli to go up, the throttle stick must be moved down (closer to zero).

To return to normal flight, repeat the half loop. This time moving the throttle stick from below half to above half at the top of the loop.
why can't you flip the switch in mid flight? thats what I did... nothing bad happened and it stopped a crash that was about to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.