Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
rbiasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

Hmmm, Dymond isn't too far from my office. And I didn't even know they existed! I'll have to stop by and check it out. It's always nice to find another LHS. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2005, 02:08 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

by the way casipak that battery link you just posted i ordered two of them, i see the kokams lower on the page but they dont state the current rating of them.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:22 PM
rbiasi

Kermit,
HiFiRC.com just started carrying Century stuff. They have the Hummingbird v3 kit for $69, but it's the FP kit. You would need to add the CP upgrade kit if you want to go CP. Don't know the price, but you can get it from century's website.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:00 PM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

Well it's good to know someone has ordered their products. We'll see how it goes.

Well, right now I'm waiting for the seller to tell me the cost of shipping. Then I'll order all the stuff I need from helihobby:
berg single conversion
charger
power supply
blades

and the battery from dymond and voltage monitor from eflight

What's helicopter governor mode? I saw it as a spec for the radio and the phoenix 10 esc.

Also, at http://www.helihobby.com/html/chargers.html, I was thinking of getting the PolyCharge 1-3 Cell Li-Poly DC Micro Charger for $25 bucks(it's at the end of the middle of the page). Will the 12V Wall Power Supply w/ alligator clips (below the charger) for $10 bucks work good with the charger?

Old 05-08-2005, 05:58 PM
ptarp

Does anyone know of a free online file storage site? I have a video of me flying my HB2, its uploaded to "another forum", but RCU won't even allow links to my videos over there. Anyway, if anyone knows of one (file storage), please let me know.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:12 PM
kermitdafrog

rbiasi,

I found the link for the Hummingbird CP for $69 ...

[link]http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS.HumBrd.Elite.CP.Deluxe.Kits.php#[/link]

Rick
Old 05-08-2005, 10:56 PM
rbiasi

ptarp,
Just tell me what forum it's on and I'll go check it out.

Kermit,
That's a damn good price. I might have to grab one of those. I've already got a bunch of Hummingbird parts that I use on the Honeybee.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:11 PM
kermitdafrog

rbasi,

I just ordered one ... $75.24 including USPS Priority shipping. He said I should have it by Thursday.

Rick
Old 05-09-2005, 04:09 PM
paedbo

how come they show the FP bird in that picture for the hummingbird elite that you bought kermit?

i know it does say cp though in the description,
Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 PM
kermitdafrog

paedbo,

If I had to guess, it would be because they are identical in appearance in that photo, except for the rotor head and blades, that it was just as easy to post one photo for both. Somebody that wasn't already playing with this stuff (like the folks that they're trying to sell to), probably wouldn't notice the difference.

I got my electronics changed over to the Honey Bee FP a little while ago, and now have a second "pile" of electronics awaiting the arrival of the new CP heli. (GWS PHA-01 combo board, 3-HS-55 servos and Esky 6-ch receiver, and will still be on channel 53 with the Futaba unti I get a Berg ch-29 crystal for the Esky 6-channel and then I'll put the Futaba back on my usual ch-39.

The Honey Bee FP is now on ch-49, my grandsons park flyer channel, with the 4-ch HiTec receiver, transmitter, two Esky servos and mixer. I'm awaiting the arrival of the new rotor blades (2 sets) for the Honey Bee to make it complete again. The two sets of rotor blades are for the M24 heli ... hope the diameter/pitch etc. works out OK. The Honey Bee FP has it's new boom (a shortened Dragonfly boom).

Rick

Old 05-09-2005, 05:59 PM
casipak

Guys, I just ordered the dymond battery from dymond and I wanted to know if there's a way to contact them other than phone so I'll know where the package is.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:20 PM
paedbo

they didnt send me an email or nothing, i ordered it i forget when exactly wed or thur of last week. ill wait until friday if it doesnt come in then ill look into it.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:42 PM
rbiasi

I was wondering about the Hummingbird picture on deetee's website myself, but the part number listed is for the CP version. They probably got the picture from Century's website. They have the FP picture on all of the pages.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
casipak

paedbo,
Dymond is in california, I think, so it should arrive this week.

Haven't received any message from my radio seller yet.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:37 PM
paedbo

their web page has a phone number i guess you can just call that during working hours, and rbiasi says hes real close to them dont know if he has checked them out yet though

Just alittle update for those that know about my full seperates conversion on my hb2 , with main and tail brushless setup.

im waiting on the batteries as the esky batt just cant handle the current draw. I can use it to basic hover for 8 minutes or so as long as i lower the head speed.

i rearranged almost everything on the heli i ripped it apart, took the cc10 that was mounted on the tail boom and i electrical taped it together with the other cc 10 , then mounted it right above the rear landing gear struts I'll take a pic as soon as i can, I havent quite finished it yet.

It looks much more cleaner now and not like a rats nest , well depends on your definition of rats nest The front is still alittle unorganized but its good enough.

heli-fever is out of the 0 pitch upgrade blades that i like to use, they take one hell of a beating. im still on the first set i got from them though they are getting to the point i cant fix them anymore. so i had to go to another site to buy some parts i have a spare frame here that i need to swap everything over to because my old frame has busted where one of the front landing struts mounts. its holding together well with 5 minute epoxy, and i figured i woulnt bother fixing the frame until i stopped crashing the thing.

dont buy any parts from helifever for the esky, the motors i received once were mabuchi 370's but were for a chopper called the carbooon? they had 12 pinions on them and i had to remove em and put the 8T on it. the tail boom was way too short, i emailed them and they said to return it and they would fix it i was like hey why dont you send me the right one with an envelope with return shipping since it was their goof up! plus the price for me to ship it back is $3 thats what the dang thing is worth anyways.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
casipak

When I install my himax brushless, will the headspeed increase or will the 4 in 1 keep it the same? Will all I need to make my brushless motor work is get the phoenix 10?

Can someone clear up where to connect the phoenix on the motor and the board?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:01 PM
paedbo

it wasnt a direct replacement i did have to adjust the pitch and throttle curves.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:20 AM
rbiasi

casipak,
Search this forum (Electric RC Helis) by author for JeffElecRC and look for the thread "E-sky HB2: Brushless HOW TO". It has step by step instructions with pictures of the mods you need to make to the 4-in-1 so that you can use a phoenix-10 ESC for the main motor.

paedbo,
The Carbooon is yet another name for the Honeybee 2CP. I think thats the name they sell it by in Germany. I know because I have one, it's definately a HB2, but my Carbooon came with an 8t pinion. The HB2 also gets sold as the Twister in the UK and soon it will be sold here in the US by E-Flite as the Blade CP. Actually, if you look at E-Flite's upgrades they offer motors with 9t and 11t pinions. I've got a 10t laying around that I need to try.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:38 AM
batfalcon

ORIGINAL: rbiasi

..... they offer motors with 9t and 11t pinions. I've got a 10t laying around that I need to try.
Is there a spare part for different pinions ? How did yo find all that pinions? I've got one Walkera, one Twister FP and one Twister CP all with the same pinions. []

Has anyone tried different pinions on the same copter on the same motor? We all would like to know the results, if any.

I received the LVD from the "E-flight designs" and installed it on the FP. It's a 3 cell detector so it is supposed to turn off the led when the voltage drops below the 9V threshold. For those of you who are not familiar with the device I have to tell you that it's VERY little (1,5*1 cm) device and weighs less than 1 gr.
Then I put the 11,1 V on and started flying indoors. As I posted earlier in this forum the machine has awesome power to deliver. It hovers at 2,5 m with half throttle and in addition to that you may get into any maneuver and still have more than enough power to get it out. The flight time was something between 15 - 20 min. I didn't exactly mesaured it but comparing it to the flight time with the 7,4 V it's well more than that by far.

I landed as soon as the led went off and I hadn't realized that there was any voltage drop (so much was the power).

So my advice is "Do not try the 11,1 V without the LVD". If you do, land the machine well below 10 min, to be on the safe side.

Michael
Old 05-10-2005, 04:53 AM
paedbo

rbiasi,

well i figured that carbooon had to be close to the esky

but the 12t pinions it comes with perform real bad, life of a battery charge was terribly reduced,

and i dont know why the replacement tail boom was 2 inches shorter, but it was so short i couldnt use it without the main blades interfering.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:17 AM
batfalcon

ORIGINAL: paedbo
rbiasi,

well i figured that carbooon had to be close to the esky

but the 12t pinions it comes with perform real bad, life of a battery charge was terribly reduced,

and i dont know why the replacement tail boom was 2 inches shorter, but it was so short i couldnt use it without the main blades interfering.
I suppose that the tail boom is identical to the HB FP. (At least my FP has shorter boom than the CP).
Old 05-10-2005, 07:35 AM
kermitdafrog

When I dealt with Dymond, I spoke to a human and ordered over the phone, and the order arrived in about a week.

Now you have me worried. When I ordered the Hummingbird CP, I also ordered it over the phone and spoke to a human. There was no mention of part numbers, but the ad for $69 indicating a $30 closeout price reduction seemed about right, and my request was specifically for a "Collective Pitch", so I hope they don't ship me an FP instead.

Rick
Old 05-10-2005, 09:49 AM
rbiasi

Kermit,
I haven't dealt with deetee personally, but I've only read good things about them. And the part number, CNE-1010, on the web page you posted is for the CP. The Century part number for FP is CNE-1011. So I think you're getting the right heli. But use the phone and talk to humans? Dude, you're old school.

peadbo,
Yeah, with the short boom I think someone threw the wrong part in the box. I've had that happen before. Sucks.

As for the pinions. The 370 motor in the HB2 has a 2mm shaft. So any 2mm pinion would work. A bunch of online stores carry different size 2mm pinions. I've always stuck with the 8t stock setup. But one of the Century 370 main motors that I bought (same Mabuchi 370 that comes with the HB2) came with a 10t. I've also got a bigger main gear from a Hummingbird. One of these days I'll play around with gearing. But to be honest, I've mostly been flying my rex lately. So I've spent more time on that.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:01 AM
rbiasi

Oh yeah, the comment I made about pinions on the Blade CP. I you look at the website E-Flite sells upgrade parts for the Blade CP (HB2 with a new canopy, everything else is the same). Two of the parts are replacement motors with either 9t or 11t pinions. Gives you a faster headspeed, but I wonder about the 370 being able to push 11t. Like I said, some day I'll get to messing with gearing. But I tend to abuse my HB2. So I have a hard enough time keeping it in one piece.

The funny part is they have new part numbers for all of the HB2 parts. But the last two digits of each blade cp part# are the same as the Esky part#. Main frame assm ends with 66, paddle control frame 48, etc.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:08 AM
kermitdafrog

rbiasi,

Roger on the old school. I almost always order online, but sometimes if I have a question about a product before ordering, or just want to check out what kind of customer service response I might get in the future in case of future problems or questions, I'll jump on the blower and see if a human is available. You can tell a little bit about how knowledgeable they are, or how they run their business by just speaking with a rep:-)

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.