Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Old 05-15-2005, 02:21 PM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

I tested my voltage monitor on my old battery today and after around 5 min of flight time the light turned off. When I backed out of throttle the light came on and I got another minute or two of flight time. Is the safest method to set the heli down and charge the battery when the light goes off at high throttle and not back out of throttle for the extra minute or two?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:37 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

its hard to say, i run my throttle at 85% throughout most of the throttle range,

so when i move the stick it just changes the pitch,

so when the light starts to flicker on me i have no choice but to land

but i have had it set up before with variable throttle curve, and i would see the light flicker alittle with heavy throttle, and i would just hover it for a minute or two with a lower head speed until i seen the light start coming on again and then i would set it down. ( remember my light comes on below 9 volts yours is opposite mine)

and scotty fushion,

i have a receiver and a transmitter, and the mixer board from the honey bee 2 that i really dont need, but they all have small issues, if your interested in tnem send me an email at ill give you more precise description. then you can decide if you want them and make me an offer.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:45 PM
paedbo

i took my honey bee 2 out today in a local parking lot as i dont really have enough room around here to fly it,

I just rebuilt it with all new parts whats the first thing that happens? it was fairly high in the air 15 feet or so, i went to give it full positive collective and the brand new swashplate pops apart. that really got me p*ssed! One blade took fatal damage and the main gear is bent already!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:03 PM
casipak

I was flying around my room today and turned around too fast and too low and landed on the side. Didn't seem all that bad till I realized that my carbon fiber blades had sliced my tail boom!
They are really strong all right. I got some electrical tape and fixed the tail boom and the blades easily survived with two scratches on the finish but I still really like these blades.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM
paedbo

yeah you just have to be careful, that is why when i started learning i liked using the pe blades, really all they are good for is hovering, but if i crashed it bad only the blades were damaged and they were so light that not even the rotor head or main gear would suffer any damage,

with those carbon fibers you gotta be careful its sure to start breaking rotor head pieces, better stock up!
Old 05-15-2005, 08:40 PM
kermitdafrog

paedbo/casipak,

Congrats on the new toys (blades and stuff), and sorry about the swash. Was that a stocker or a high-dollar one.

I managed to lunch my stock blades in the garage today when I hit the table saw. The table saw won, and broke off the last two or three inches on one blade. Was able to cut the Monocote off, and CA them, recover, and they're back in service. Did have to start over again getting it trimmed.

I made another set of blades this morning, this time in about 45 minutes, but haven't put the Monocote on them yet. Right now they are 6.5 grams, which is lighter than the other, and I changed the airfoil a bunch. The have a sharper leading edge.

Also made a battery mount for the Lipos which looks a little cleaner than the velcro mess in the last picture, and cleaned up the antenna mount a little bit.

Hovering skills are improving, but still not there yet.

Here's a few photos of the blather above.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71476.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	271946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66343.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	271947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81676.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	271948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb81749.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	271949  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:42 PM
kermitdafrog

Here's the other two .... didn't know there was a limit of 4, I thought it was a 3 meg limit, so I reduced them down to 600 x 800 this time.

The blades look a little crude in the picture, (ragged edges, etc) but they have since been sanded down and shaped. The angle of the photo makes the left end look wider than the right end, but the edges are parallel.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41521.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	271950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48396.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	271951  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
paedbo

stock swash plate, you mean theres a high dollar one i can buy where?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:55 PM
kermitdafrog

I was thinking of the $80 model that's on HeliHobby, but can't remember which heli it's for now.

Editt--> I just looked and the one I remembered was for an FP (Humble Bee), and the other one is for a CP Hummingbird.

Rick
Old 05-15-2005, 09:03 PM
casipak

I think that was for the hornet but not sure.

Well, If I'm lucky, I'll get a different eclipse 7. It's got a sim cable, fms with models, and spectra. I know fms is nothing fancy, but for now, I'll try it out and see what happens. Then I might get aerofly pro deluxe. This way, I'll learn to turn better, without breaking anything.
Also, about the spectra, if I get the right channel on the radio using spectra, will it work with the stock hb 2 crystal?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:19 PM
kermitdafrog

According to paedbo, the crystal (receive) that works in the Esky is the Berg single conversion, so if the Specta is a receiver, and can use a Berg crystal ... probably so. As for transmitters, my Esky and Futaba 6XAS TX crystals are interchangeable, , so if the Spectra is a transmitter and can use Futaba crystals ... probably so. (As you can tell, I'm not familiar with the Spectra)

Have you had any luck with the PPJoy interface? I bought a USB interface to use with FMS a while back, so haven't had to fool with it.

Rick
Old 05-15-2005, 09:35 PM
casipak

Spectra is that computer thing in the radio that can be programmed to any frequency and I was wondering if I set the spectra to the same channel as my stock receiver crystal, not the berg, will it work? or will I have to get the berg for the receiver anyway?

I think the guy who's selling the radio has a usb interface, but I'm not totally sure. I haven't tried any cables yet. Can you use both the ppjoy and the usb for high end sims?
Old 05-15-2005, 11:21 PM
rbiasi

Casipak,
Yep, with the spectra module you could tune it to whatever channel your HB2 RX crystal is on and it will work.

Paedbo,
Sorry to hear about the crash. A few weeks ago I did a major repair on one HB2. A bunch of new parts. I took it outside and it was flying sweet! On the second batt I tried to get a little fancy did a few piros and ended up plowing nose first into the ground from about 8'. Broke the frame, bent the flybar, and took a chunk out of the gears. I think I got less than 15 minutes on that frame! So I know how you feel.

I finally was able to get more of the short Hummingbird tail motors this week. So I'm finally putting my aluminum boom/dual tail motor HB2 back together tonight! I kept stealing tail motors from it for my other HB2. Also made some new landing gear with TRex skids. So hopefully I won't be repairing skids anymore.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:08 AM
fermoral

Hi,

I've just purchased a HB CP2. Everything seems to be OK, but I remember having read something bad here about the rc-expert 1000 Li-po and its charger. Mine is a 'wall type' charger (220v in, 12v out) and has only one led. I haven't used it yet 'cause the battery is already charged with 12v. The problem is that there are not instructions for it and I don't know when do I have to stop charging. I've plugged the charger without battery and the led goes green. Does it go off or change its colour when battery is full? Another question: the rear motor starts to move before the main one when I put a little throttle. Is that normal in your HBs? Thank you for your help.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:37 AM
paedbo

the color chould change to red when its charging, keep checking the battery tempeture as it charges it should never get warm it should stay fairly room temperature,

the light will turn green again when its done charging,

casipak my hitec optic 6 has spectra i just dial in the channel and off i go even on the stock hb2 radio

i have a sombra shadow 3 receiver now, its crystalless so that i can change both frequencies on receiver and trans when i need to easily.

but i believe if the eclipse is like the optic 6, it has both negative and positive shift so will work with just about any receiver.

and as for that 80 dollar swash plate, i dunno i have heard other people say theres no performance gain noticeable, so if you can just keep the plastic swash from seperating then you should be fine, i glued it back in so lets see what happens.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:18 AM
casipak

Yeah, Hitecs are negative shifts and I don't even have to buy the berg crystal for the rx!
The cable is a usb, I asked the seller, so I think it should work with all sims?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:33 AM
batfalcon

ORIGINAL: ratpoop

i have a couple of questions about the rear blade/motor set up on my honeybee.

what makes the rear motor "lope" during flight? its seems like the rear motor has a mind of its own sometimes.

also what do you guys recommend for a up grade to the rear blade? i keep loosing the rubber inserts that hold the blade on.
direct drive a good choice? what about the Direct Drive Tail Ducted Fan System?
Try to insert a second sislicon tube a little bigger in diameter AND in length OVER the fisrt one. I did that since day 1 and never lost the little rubber.

Michael
Old 05-16-2005, 12:11 PM
rbiasi

The $80 swash plate is made for a Hummingbird. I don't think it fits the stock anti-rotation guide. So you need to modify it or make a new one. I'd rather stick with the $8 stock swash.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:28 PM
casipak

Well!!
As usual, I was outbid by 2 BUCKS!!!! I could've had the radio with spectra and a sim cable for 122.50!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:16 PM
casipak

I learned to turn a little better but I got a question. When I turn around ,while hovering with the tail looking at me, clock wise, give the tail more power, it's all good, but at the end when the heli's tail is almost back to the same position and the heli's done around a 330 degree turn, the computer makes the tail go left and right pretty crazy and that doesn't make me crash but really throws me off. It doesn't happen when I turn around counter clock wise and take away the tail power.

Any suggestions?

By the way, how long does it take to get the dymond batteries because tomorrow will be a week.

Also, is it possible to remove crystals from the transmitter module?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:56 PM
bell1684

Try turning the gyro gain down a bit..its normal for the tail to wag a bit after doing some hard turns.

Yes, you can remove the crystal from the Tx..carefully pull off the cover and the crystal should come out with it..if not it may require some GENTLE persuasion
Old 05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
paedbo

yeah sounds like your gain is just a hair too high,

dymond took about a week maybe a day longer i forget. It comes via UPS its too bad they dont send you a tracking number.

Old 05-17-2005, 05:20 AM
fermoral

Hi,
I've just received my HB CP2 and there's a new one: Honey Bee King [:@]. The electronics are new and they have replaced the tail motor with a cardan transmision system. Looks like a more serious heli.

You can see it in the manufacture's web: www.esky-sz.com
Old 05-17-2005, 05:32 AM
paedbo

nice find, looks pretty good, dont know about that tail drive system though does it look a bit cheesy?

i see the landing struts are different too hope they are alot stronger.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:40 AM
fermoral

Hi,
Sorry, I've used the word 'cardan', which is the Spanish word for something like transmision by a bar. I don't know if I am explining it ok, excuse my English.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.