Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Old 05-27-2005, 10:29 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

dont forget the higher the head speed the better the heli controls and is balanced, easier to fly however, lower head speed like on fp machines are really good for indoors to keep damage down to a minimum ( both the heli and surrounding furniture lol)
Old 05-29-2005, 10:17 AM

hey casipak how are you making out with that dymond battery? Mine have been great so far i cannot believe the price i got them for and how well they are doing with my dual brushless setup. The only thing i see that i have to be careful about is once the battery gets down to 9 volts under load, it drops off really fast! You have to land immedietly or youll drain the batt right down way below critical voltages.

oh yeah and raz iim no pro but from what i hear the micros are the hardest to fly the bigger helis are alot more stable So if you learn to fly on a micro you can probably fly just about anything. the only problem is people think micros are easier for a beginner ( i thought this too at first) so they buy them, crash them severely spend alot of money on them and they still dont fly great and eventually give up causing there to be a high failure rate, whereas if they had just gone with a bigger better beginner heli setup they would of had a better chance.

If i had the chance to do it over again i would not buy a cheap micro. maybe a corona, or trex, lets see how much did it cost me to get my honey bee 2 the way i liked it,

$190 original esky honey bee 2 kit
$200 for a radio
$120 for gy240
$165 for himax brushlees motor , fiegeo brushless tail and 2 phx 10's
$90 for a sombra shadow 3 crystaless receiver
$125 worth of lipo batteries ( stock eksy batt didnt have high enough discharge rate for brushless)

roughly $900???

not counting repair parts or blades as i damage them either.

However the gyro and receiver im gonna pull and reuse in a logo 10 3d plus i have a good transmitter already so that money i spent on those parts i consider to be purchases toward the bigger heli which i had intended on doing from the start.

a friend of mine bought a heli at the same time as me he didnt have much luck with his he just doesnt have patience to learn on simulators and stuff, he ended up cutting his loses and told me i could have the heli ( its a fixed pitch colco thunderbird) He lives pretty far from me now so he had to send it to me in the mail, The motor on it was HUGE and heavy and wasnt very powerful he could barely get it off the ground anyways i dont know what kind of motor it was maybe a johnson it was a piece of junk, i put a mabuchi 370 on there ( i have 4 spare ones from back when i was using my honey bee brushed) and the thing flew beautiful, i even took a video of it just so he could see it and he was shocked that it could fly so well, but it only hovers around at slow speeds nicely, i took it outside when there was no winds and i had a very hard time controling it at higher speeds.

One thing i did notice, is the pg03 gyro on his thunderbird works a hell of alot better than the stock gyro that was in my honey bee 2's 4 in 1 box,

Old 05-29-2005, 01:03 PM

well heres another update on my hb2, i was banking a turn about 8 to 10 feet off the ground and i dont know what happened it was so fast she just slid towards the ground, I was running gov mode on the phx cc, i tried hitting the throttle cut as fast as i could but she hit the ground with power applied, she was seriously injured in the crash including snapping the shaft of the himax motor, ( funny thing is only a few teeth on the main gear are alittle chewed up, theyre not even stripped enough to consider it unusable however the main gear shaft is bent) The swashplate was seperated, but i dont know if that happened before or after the crash, all i know is she decided to drop like a rock halfway through a banked turn, i had glued the swashplate backtogether before. i tried not to apply too much glue because i was afraid of the swash seizing. what a dissappointment, and it was flying so well Im going to take the shaft to work and look at it under a microscope its hard to tell but it looks like the metal is quite pourous ( not good) but then again himax motors are fairly cheap brushless and theyre not even that efficient.

What i might suggest to people that use himax motors is to set a loose gear mesh but not too loose that it skips but loose enough that if it takes a serious hit under power it will strip the teeth instead of taking out the motor. mine had a beautifully tight mesh, as close as you could get it with barely any backlash and no binding i bet if my mesh had been a bit looser i woudlnt of lost the motor and just would of had to replace a $6 main gear.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:15 PM
My Feedback: (3)

That really sucks. I haven't put my himax in yet. My dymond are doing very well. I land when the light goes off. I don't take away throttle and fly an extra minute just in case.

I might be able to get a t-rex after all. I found this supplier website where the people on ebay get their helis and then sell them. I found the old hb 2, the new one and the t-rex. I was thinking of asking them for a couple of samples(they let you do that). I could sell all of them, make money on it, and keep one t-rex for myself and then maybe actually buy them in bulk and make some money off this whole thing. You, know, sell them on ebay and maybe open up my own website. Anyway, I'm still thinking about this, but it really got me exited. I could be making about $30-40 bucks on each heli I sell.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: batfalcon

Finally any recommendations regarding the servos ? Do you guys think that the heli-fever's answer, ("If you are looking for low price but quality servo, your can try GWS pico/naro, or towerpro. Both are better than stock one."), is correct?
Has anyone something to suggest regarding the above?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:41 PM

I broke my pin in half in the head assembly. I removed the two pieces of the pin and unscrewed the center hub. The shaft moves but it won't come out of the hole in the plastic head.

Suggestions?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:54 PM

try to push a new pin through there must be a piece left in there not letting the hub come off the main gear, if that didnt work for me i would cut it off and replace it, was it a crash that caused this? just wondering because most blade strikes causes my main gear shaft to bend alittle, and i end up usually replacing it because it causes vibration.

If the pin hole is infact clear, then the pin must of warped the hole in the main shaft and caused a bur that wont let it move.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:09 PM

The pin is out of there. I hold the head assembly and spin the main gear. So, it can't be the pin. Should I just pull really hard?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:30 AM

Batfalcon,
If my esky servo broken and my hobby shop stocked both gws and esky servos, I would buy esky servos w/o a 2nd thought. Not that I'm saying esky are better then gws. My servos has taken alot of abuse from me and they still work fine. See no reason why I should switch brand.
I can't help but think part of the reason helihobby says to buy gws is because they don't stock esky servos? If they said get esky servos it means they have no chance to get your $$$.
BTW you can buy 2 esky servos off ebay for about $20 shipping included.

As to your quest of lowering motor temp.
I just like to point out that less HS doesn't translate to less temp. Motor temp is mostly determined by power ie P = VI. If your heli weights x grams then it will need Y Newtons to hover doesn't matter what your HS is. If you reduce the HS, you are increasing the pitch but the force (power) is the same. The motor constant kv (rpm per Volt = V) is directly porpotional to to kt (torque per Amp = I). Increasing hovering HS means increase in V and reduction in Amps (I). But since P (Watts) = VI and it doesn't change, motor temp doesn't change. Of course this is ideal situation. In real life there's the motor effiency so its back to getting the motor to work at peak effiency.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 PM

Got the pin outta there. Just pulled really hard. It turned out that the two peices I pulled out were on each side. Once I got the main gear out, the 3rd peice of the pin was still there, sticking out of the shaft.

Anyone know helihobby's phone number?

Got my hitec eclipse 7 and I'm amazed. Never seen so many buttons on a radio. Well, can someone help me out with the setup for the hb2 and this radio work of art? I turned it on and all the trim buttons made sounds but the throttle trim button doesn't. Is something wrong or does it beep when you are in a specific mode?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: tnd2000

Batfalcon,
If my esky servo broken and my hobby shop stocked both gws and esky servos, I would buy esky servos w/o a 2nd thought. Not that I'm saying esky are better then gws. My servos has taken alot of abuse from me and they still work fine. See no reason why I should switch brand.
I can't help but think part of the reason helihobby says to buy gws is because they don't stock esky servos? If they said get esky servos it means they have no chance to get your $$$.
BTW you can buy 2 esky servos off ebay for about $20 shipping included.

As to your quest of lowering motor temp.
I just like to point out that less HS doesn't translate to less temp. Motor temp is mostly determined by power ie P = VI. If your heli weights x grams then it will need Y Newtons to hover doesn't matter what your HS is. If you reduce the HS, you are increasing the pitch but the force (power) is the same. The motor constant kv (rpm per Volt = V) is directly porpotional to to kt (torque per Amp = I). Increasing hovering HS means increase in V and reduction in Amps (I). But since P (Watts) = VI and it doesn't change, motor temp doesn't change. Of course this is ideal situation. In real life there's the motor effiency so its back to getting the motor to work at peak effiency.
Thanks for all the detailed info tnd2000. I can't disagree with all these, still have a question though. Both FP and CP have pretty much the same weight right? Why using the same battery AND the same motor, I get less temp on my FP than on the CP?
Both motor and battery get real hot when I use them an the CP. I even changed the blades on the CP with semi symmetrical PE ones (ultra light stuff), but the fact remains[]. Gear mess is ok too.
I still don't get it why is this happening
Old 06-01-2005, 03:01 PM
My Feedback: (31)

I got a HB2 from a Chinese distributor some time back, and I requested Mode II for the radio system. What I got was a really dirt-cheap Tx with a weird mix of Mode 1 and II. The Tx had the throttle/collective on the left stick, but instead of tail rotor (rudder) on the same stick, it had aileron (l/r cyclic) on the left stick! The right stick had fore/aft cyclic (elevator) and tail rotor control!

I had to rewire the Tx to get what I needed. After I rewired the Tx and got all the controls working properly, it flew fine, except that I need full left tail rotor trim AND I have to hold a little left stick in there to get it to hover and fly without yawing out of control. Also unfortunately for me, the radio system in this HB2 is on 35mhz, not 72mhz!

This little heli flies great, but I sure would like to be able to get another 4in1 mixer board on 72mhz along with a decent Tx that's already programmed for it. Know where I can get that stuff? I'm thinking of getting the E-flight Blade, because it looks like basically the same heli, and if it and it flies well and all the electronics are the way they are supposed to be, I guess I can just buy another
Tx and mixer board to install in my HB2.

PS- I got a T-rex as my second heli, and I love it!!!

Keith McLellan
Northampton, PA
[email protected]
Old 06-01-2005, 04:59 PM

Well, do you want the stock hb 4 in 1 and tx or more advanced electronics?
For stock, go to www.heli-fever.com
For something more advanced, take a look at
www.helihobby.com
Other people know more websites so you should wait for another reply and check out all the websites

Does anyone know the phone number for helihobby?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:16 PM

Wow....seriously......this is the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGEST Thread I have seen yet. Sry that this has nothing to do with the subject. But 23 PAGES!!!!![:-] But i'm planning to get the new version of the HBCP2.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: helidreamer-RCU

Wow....seriously......this is the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGEST Thread I have seen yet. .....
We sure have THE most popular heli there's EVER been.
I we keep on exchanging knowledge we might hit [sm=punching.gif]the 30 page barrier[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 06-02-2005, 05:14 AM

Hi,

The HB2 threads are the most popular in any forum you can visit. In two weeks we'll reach page #30, sure.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:14 AM

Thanks for the website info. The one is new to me, but HeliHobby I'm very familiar with and have bought lots of stuff from them. A great outfit!

Keith
Old 06-02-2005, 05:25 AM

818-348-4354 HeliHobby

Old 06-02-2005, 06:30 AM

Thanks for the number. I'm going to try and return the damaged power supply I got from them. I bought whole bunch of stuff from them and everything worked but the power supply.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:18 PM

DON"T LET THE ESKY HONEY BEE THREAD DIE. LIVE!!!.....LIVE!!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:34 PM

Of course!
I got my radio all fixed. The throttle trim didn't respond so I went in and had to clear some wires and junk. Now everything works. How do you charge the batteries for your expensive radios? Just leave the battery connected to the radio and connect the charger into the charge socket on the radio?

Also, is there a difference between channel modules themselves or does a module on a different channel just come with a different crystal? I removed the hitec crystal from the module and put the hb crystal in there. The red light was blinking on the 4 in 1 and then it started doing that thing where it turns red and then green and then red and keeps going like that.

I downloaded the manual for the hitec eclipse and it turned out to be 48 pages with directions on how to set everything up, but I'll still need someone with experience to help me out here.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:27 PM

try adjusting throttle end points but i cant remember exactly what that blinking is i forget. maybe throttle channel is reversed and it thinks you want full throttle
Old 06-03-2005, 05:43 PM

it blinked when I put the hb 2 crystal from the stock radio into the hitec. Once I put the crystal back in the original radio, it worked. How do I get to the throttle end points, it's just that there're so many functions on the radio. What does the menu for them look like?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:17 PM

How do you charge the batteries for your expensive radios? Just leave the battery connected to the radio and connect the charger into the charge socket on the radio?
That's correct. But i can't help you with the other things since i only use airtronics.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:54 PM

still, thanks for the help

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.