Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:01 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

your going to have to take apart the 4 in 1 box to hook up the HH gyro, the tail signal from the receiver goes directly into the mixer board thats inside the 4 in 1 box.

you need to tap into the signal at this point where channel 4 comes off the receiver.

I dont believe the trans has revo mixing in it since theres a mixer board on the heli. so you should be able to use the stock transmitter.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:02 PM
KidNovak

Thanks paedbo, I new you would come to the rescue!

Quote:
>> your going to have to take apart the 4 in 1 box to hook up the HH gyro,
the tail signal from the receiver goes directly into the mixer board thats inside the 4 in 1 box.
You need to tap into the signal at this point where channel 4 comes off the receiver. <<

So, do I bypass the mixer on channel 4 by pulling the pins up on the 4-and-1 receiver board and
connect the gyro to those pins. (channel 4 pins will not be connected to the ESC, gyro mixing board)
I don't beleive I will need tail mixing since it's HH gyro, right?

Thanks,
Novak

Old 07-31-2005, 02:35 PM
paedbo

yes when you look at the receiver after taking it out you will notice channels 1,2,5,6,7 are on one side of the board, but channels 3 and 4 are on the underside, because they go to the mixer board. you can either desolder channel 4 pins and resolder them on the other side of the board, or you can just solder a wire going right to the channel 4 signal pin.

just be careful i dont know the particular esc your using, but the 4 in 1 box already supplies power to all the channels, and the esc if it has a bec, will need to be disabled.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:06 PM
KidNovak

Thanks paedbo! that helped.

Well, now I'm thinking of also installing a Pixie-20P ESC for the Main motor.

This way I can completely remove the 4-and-1 (ESC's, mixer, and gyro).
Basically I will be using only the receiver of the 4-and-1 board.

So I would connect the Pixie-20P ESC to Channel 3 of the 4-and-1.
Align HH gyro goes to channel 4 of the 4-and-1, and from the gyro I connect the TREC ESC.

Does it matter which BEC I disable on the ESC's?

Novak

Old 07-31-2005, 08:22 PM
paedbo

i cant answer that, i always just used the main motors esc to supply the bec and disconnected the red wire from the tail's esc. But i imagine it might work the other way around too but im not sure!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:28 PM
voicedshotgun
My Feedback: (1)

This is off the subject of the honeybee cp, so sorry but im in desperate need of help with my thunderbird! the tail motor completely stopped working and i have looked over and over, replaced the tail motor and it still will not turn, no sign of life whatsoever, thanks in advance
Old 10-04-2005, 04:39 PM
thecheatscalc

probably burnt 4in1 open it up and smell for that burnt electronics smell. if that's not it make sure the thing is plugged in right, and make sure that it IS plugged in.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:05 PM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

Wow, I haven't been here for a while. I've been flying and working on my own electronic drums. How's everyone's bee?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:25 AM
batfalcon

After 6 months of inactivity, with the helis collecting dust on the shelf, I came back to the heli addiction. I found out that my 2 cell Lipo (from the FP), is NOT at good condition any more. Maybe it's because all this time all my batteries were kept in the fridge. Temp around 2 - 4 C.
Then again my 3 cell Lipo 1000 mAh, (from the CP), does NOT deliver the flight time it used to and if I discharge it on my "Triton", it doesn't give more than 850 mAh.

For all the above reasons I am trying to find a 3 cell 11,1V 1000+ mAh with the same dimensions as the original one. 60mm X 35mm X 16mm, 68 gr. I haven't been able to locate a site that provides this kind of packs. Do you guys have a clue?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 PM
helmutk

Is this E-tec battery close enough?
http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/battN...ductId=V272281
Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
batfalcon

Thanks Helmut. It's not exactly the same one but I think it will do.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 PM
helmutk

www.HobbyJapan2000.com also sells a replacement battery for the Esky HP CP2. I don't see any dimensions posted for it though.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:11 PM
pmfmod

Check out www.helidirect.com

they will carry honey bee cp2 in with extremely good price, they sent me email to let me know that this very cool new aftermarket landing gear and frame kit also support kit is included for FREE with the CP2 kit, also they free SHIPPING in usa.

what can we ask more

Old 11-16-2005, 03:55 AM
batfalcon

First let me thank you both for the support.

Where did you purchased your packs from. Are they the same one with the one I 'm looking for ???.

@ pmfmod: Even though I tried, I didn't get to see the picture you posted from helidirect. Can you please post a link ????
Old 11-16-2005, 09:52 AM
helmutk

I picked up my Esky HB CP2 and 2 extra Lipo battery packs for it from RC-Expert.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:36 PM
helidreamer-RCU

hey guys, I was tired of my tail motor constantly burning out and got [link=http://www.helihobby.com/html/blade_helicopter.html]this[/link] (scroll down to see what i'm talking). It is an upgrade the allows you to use the power of 2 tail motors to power the tail rotor (reducing stress on the tail motors and about quadrupling the life of each). If anyone else has this, I have a few quesitions I wanna ask.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 AM
batfalcon

ORIGINAL: helmutk

I picked up my Esky HB CP2 and 2 extra Lipo battery packs for it from RC-Expert.
Following your advice I ordered yesteday 2 packs (11.1 V 1200 mAh). Let's see how long will it take to reach me.[]
Old 11-17-2005, 02:03 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

Hello all, i got a E Sky Honey Bee Cp coming from Balsa Products. it comes with upgraded main and tail motor and full semictal blades!!! also a 3 cell 1000mah lipo pack!!! i also order heat sinks for both motors and extra blades and training gear. i've flown helis a few times. i order the sabre from ef and it sucked!!!! it never wanted to stay in one place for even a second and never did what u wanted to. a few of my freinds have the blade cp from horizon. do you guys think the honey beecp is as good as the blade??? i can hover a raptor 30 very well. so what do you guys think, did i get a good e- heli to kind of get my feet wet??? i just don;t have the $ for a t-rex or raptor 30!!!

Mike
Old 11-17-2005, 03:00 AM
batfalcon

Mike,

You sure did the right choise. I've got Walkera FP, E-Sky FP and E-Sky CP. All of them fly great, if you know what you are dealing with. The CP of course is something else compared to the FPs. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-18-2005, 01:15 AM
pmfmod

ORIGINAL: batfalcon

First let me thank you both for the support.

Where did you purchased your packs from. Are they the same one with the one I 'm looking for ???.

@ pmfmod: Even though I tried, I didn't get to see the picture you posted from helidirect. Can you please post a link ????

Michael,

Try here

[link=http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=595]http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=595[/link]
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 AM
batfalcon

Thanks pmfmod.

I folowed the link and guess what. They are talking about the CP though the photo is from the FP. That's why I couldn't find it

Thanks again.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:50 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

here in the south turned out to be a great day. i got my honey bee cp2 about a month ago but it had some major issues with the tail rotor, we never could get it agjusted right and the only to fly it was to put full left rudder trim and hold the rudder stick to the left a bit!!! well about 2 weeks ago i went out to fly it and i noticed one blade was way out of track!!! one of the grips had broke around the bearings. well i tried taking it apart but they had put so much locktite on the grip bolts that even with vise grips i couldn't get them out!!! so i got a replacement one. i took it to our feild today and got one of my buddys to test fly it for me and trim it. it flew great!!! he flew it around a whil even took it up and did some inverted hovering with it, he would have been able to hold it longer but i had my training gear on it. but he has a blade heli and he said that when he rolls his over to inverted it takes all of negitive to stop it, my honey bee took about half to stop it!!!!! the next flight he checked it for a minute and then let me have it!!! i hovered it great!!! i kept it about knee height and did really good with it. while he flew it the first flight he showed me alot about farward flight and hovering and using rudder to fly thru turns and all. needless to say he was very impressed with it, he even told me later he thought it flew better than the blade!!! i hope to be doing farward flight and all by the first of the year, long as the wind and weather stay away!!!! we just went thru a ice storm and about 600,000 people in spartanburg sc lost power!!! i hate ice, love snow!!!!

Keep Those Blades a Turnin'
Mike
Old 12-19-2005, 03:40 AM
batfalcon

Badboy Madmikey,

Nice to hear that you finally made it with the CP. Keep on practicing. It's the only way to improve your skils. If you practice at a wde snowed place, you propably won't brake anything if you crash. Although these litte helis can hanle much more abuse than we can imagine. Unofortunatelly I started on my own and hadn't got anyone to advise me "at the field". So I' ve broken my blades a few times, the skids 2 or 3 times also etc.
BUT I haven't been practicing outside, at the field. I've been practicing indoors, so although I am able to pass hovering through doors and land on any coffee table in my living room, I am not able to fly outdoors, make circles, 8 figures and things like that.
I am saying all these just to let you know what I did wrong, so you may avoid doing the same mistakes.

Yesterday I found out that there are carbon blades to upgrade, as well as a hop up called "Bell / Hiller Mix" at [link=http://www.galaxymodels.co.uk/new/results.asp?subt=Helicopters+(Electric)]http://www.galaxymodels.co.uk/new/results.asp?subt=Helicopters+(Electric)[/link], which makes the heli extra rsponsive. I've made the order and wait for their responce.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:48 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

i order a set of carbon blades and a landing gear upgrade from heli direct. i the landing gear set is on back order i hope to have it soon. i hope the carbon blades do better on the honey bee than what they do on the blade. a freind of mine has the blade and bought their upgrade carbon blades and it flew bad!!! he put the factory blades back on and it does great. he said the blades are so light that i made the heli hard impoisable to fly. that bell/hiller set-up is about the same as whats on the honey bee i got.. mines pretty responsive, so i don't think that would help. but the landing gear set i got has skid like a larger heli and comes with a horizontal fin that has suports and a antenne holder...

mike
Old 12-19-2005, 04:24 AM
batfalcon

Do you mean that YOUR Honey Bee has already the bell / hiller mix installed ? Mine is one year old version and it hasn't. If you saw the link I sent you you may spot the differnces between the old version and the new one called "Twister CP V2". The latest one comes with 2 X 1000mAh Lipo packs, carbon blades and bell/hiller on board. I saw it yesterday at a hobby shop AND IT WAS AWESOME. It flew MUCH better than the older version. I tested it and the next thing to do was to order the upgrades

Just minutes ago I received the reply from "www.galaxymodels.com" saying that the order will be at this evening's post.

Santa is comming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.