Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

E-SKY LAMA 2 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:32 AM
GTX SlotCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-SKY LAMA 2 THREAD

This one might have cleaner lines in the pic, especially around the top of the canopy. It was a later version. I also put in a pic of one completed and glued with a glue stick (paper glue the kids use). It's not on glossy photo paper, but you'll get the idea.

[edit] I almost forgot. I glued or stapled a piece of clear plastic (packaging from something I bought) to the piece of the canopy that's on the bottom. It was long enough to tuck on top of the battery to help hold the canopy in place. The screws go in the stock place.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59534.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	366182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj64516.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	366183  
Old 12-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

There you have it. Testfitted it with plain paper, fits just fine.
Download the template and art around with it, then print it out on 100% and it will fit like mine.

Thanks Gary!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:43 AM
thecheatscalc

looks good! heh wish I had that template sooner... I was trying to make the lines and remove all the slightly different colored green from GTX's model

not finished with it yet, but it's starting to look pretty good... I'm doing all that at the pixil level so it's slow going, but, I've got no limitations!

Since I don't have one yet how large is the wingspan? and how fast do the blades spin in a hover? Also how much does that tail weigh/ how much do the flybar paddles weigh? I'm thinking of maybe some major mods...
Old 12-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Freakazoid

Ill have to finish up at work, but I will awnser your questions shortly.

I also have a vector version of the template if you wish. All it takes is chaning the fill color and it does the rest.

ORIGINAL: thecheatscalc
looks good! heh wish I had that template sooner... I was trying to make the lines and remove all the slightly different colored green from GTX's model

not finished with it yet, but it's starting to look pretty good... I'm doing all that at the pixil level so it's slow going, but, I've got no limitations!
Since I don't have one yet how large is the wingspan? and how fast do the blades spin in a hover? Also how much does that tail weigh/ how much do the flybar paddles weigh? I'm thinking of maybe some major mods...
Rotor disk is 340mm.
Tail weighs 10 grams, screws not included.
Flybar in its whole weighs 8 grams, little linkage included. Just the little weight on the end 3 grams each.
Dont know howfast the blades go in hover though, but I assume its perty slow due to 2 rotors working together.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:23 AM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received my Lama 2 lastnight and so far I like it. Glad I read about the main shaft collar. I noticed the shaft was sliding up and down and was wondering if that collar was in the wrong place.

Here is something I cant figure out. Most of the online stores I have looked at that sells this Lama dont mention and dont show the AC wall wart you get for your DC charger. They only show the pigtail to connect to a DC source.

Now, here is something that I almost missed.

This wall wart adapter is TAPED to the bottom of the styrofoam box the Lama comes in. If I hadn't noticed that this foam felt heavy I would have never known it came with one!

I know the Blade CX dont come with it. So the $117 I paid for this is a VERY sweet deal.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Freakazoid

The lama is awesome bang for a buck value. I know for sure this thing would make an excellent christmas present, so get em while theire hot.

Oh and Thecheat, looky here.

Im guessing you want to put on a tehcheat freckle pattern, but you can do that easily yourself, right?

Anyone else wants some other color? Just hollar out what you want. :P I can change the window color in a second too, if you wish.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:32 AM
TheX

ORIGINAL: pmfmod

Lama 2 are great helis they are so stable that cannot believe. the blade cx is a rebagged ones from the lama2. they will be much more expensive than lama2
Why do people insist on sharing *facts* with others without having a clue what they're talking about?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Freakazoid

And you do?

No offence..
Old 12-07-2005, 09:43 AM
GTX SlotCar

If you put the tabs on the center section (top of canopy) you can make them bigger (easier to handle). It's also easier to to fold because you fold them with the windshield and cut later. Also, when you get around to coloring it, remember to change the black lines to the color as well or they'll show. Just a couple suggestions.

Name:	Hf98501.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	366280  
Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Freakazoid

I was going for fancy, but simple sometimes is better I see.

And I kinda like the black lines, it makes it look a little "chiseled".
Old 12-07-2005, 11:07 AM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a waste of my time
Old 12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: Freakazoid

I was going for fancy, but simple sometimes is better I see.

And I kinda like the black lines, it makes it look a little "chiseled".
LOL. Ya, you don't want to over engineer somthing like this. Actually, I did it the same way at first. I changed the tabs on a suggestion from my 11 yr. old son.

If you like the chiseled look, you could change the windscreen to look kind of like the Blade CP - and make the lines the same hue as the body, but darker.

Now, someone on one of these forums made a new tail boom out of a cheap carbon fiber arrow and added a tail wing and 2 rudders. It was for a Hirobo XRB, but the idea would work. I was thinking of something similar, but keeping the dummy rear prop. It would change the Lama 2 into a sport heli.

Name:	Zx69956.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	366327  
Old 12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Freakazoid

I assume you mean a tail kinda like the KA-32?
http://ibt.alpar.ch/Kamov_KA-32A12_HB-XKE_030404_02.jpg

And making the lines the same hue is a nice idea. Ill see how that looks.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
GTX SlotCar

Yup, kind of like that. Longer boom, of course. Great pic, BTW.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:44 PM
thecheatscalc

heh thanks freak(azoid) I'll go and just copy that onto MS paint and keep playing.

Now I have a question, for golf balls (what golf? hang on!) they have dimples as that supposedly makes them more aerodynamic. I have no clue how, but, what would happen if you made some dimples in the blades? lighter? faster? longer flights? as long as it's ballanced you can just cover it with saran wrap and forget about it if it fails to make a difference.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Freakazoid

Im just guessing those dimples are there to reduce wind resistance. And if theres one thing you DO want from your blades, its downwards resistance. Could be completly out the ballpark though, im no NASA genius.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
thecheatscalc

I think it works by air filling the pocket then acting as a bearing keeping friction down, I guess... no clue, but, just an idea.

anyways, happy flying and good bye for now, gotta go see if I can get my valveless pulsejet running!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Freakazoid

Excuse me? Pulse Jet?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
thecheatscalc

heh, yes a pulse jet, if you're curious, take a look to www.pulse-jets.com but BE WARNED this uses some pretty hefty formulas to get running, so, just be careful, don't want to hurt that brain! Serously, it's pretty interesting, you can get plans for a screw together one, but just to say it this is the simplest jet possible, it's basicly just an empty tube (formed just right) with a propane feed and a a sparker to ignite it for the first cycle, I'm thecheat in the forums section.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Freakazoid

The link is dead, but I assume a pulse jet is one of those noicy red hot tubes that spit out awesome flames when idling? And youre actually using that on a model??
Old 12-07-2005, 07:40 PM
GTX SlotCar

Is it like this video?

http://www.depronalaska.com/images/K...d%20flight.wmv
Old 12-07-2005, 07:43 PM
thecheatscalc

link dead? it worked on my compy... yes this is one of those cherry red (sometimes white!) hot tubes that, when flaming out gush HUGE flames, but usually it's limited to a blue torch like flame.

Not for a model, well, at least for the moment, I've got to get the building down first anyways, I'm hoping to make a rocket scooter, heh it'll woop any other kid's electric scooter, though I may burn the rubber off my shoes when I go to brake.

picture of starting/flame out: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...ial_s%26sa%3DG
and a picture of one running: http://www.srl.org/shows/ntt/preshow...sejet_hot1.JPG

ok, if you want to know anymore about that PM me, I'll stop taking up heli forum space.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:12 PM
MikeMc

Just got mine. Flyies great after ROBTOR came over and trimmed it out for me.

Taking off from a smooth surface is fine but from carpet instead of lifting straight up it leans back until the tail skid touches before it lifts off. Hovers in one place with almost no input with the same trim setting. Any ideas of the problem?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Freakazoid

Haha, I didnt know that was a problem. I have that problem when its lifting off from my bed, but I just hold the pitch completly forward and jam the throttle quickly untill it hops up, then I release the pitch. Usually It doesnt go off for more then a foot.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:56 PM
GTX SlotCar

All these tiny dual rotor helis like to take off fast. If you try to take off too slowly, they'll skate all over the place; especially until you get used to them. They put out a lot of wind with 2 rotors, and they're very light.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.