Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Old 12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
husky385

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Just hovering, thats all I know how to do. I know it is the esc. It smoked today. Also two servo's are are gone. One just doesn't move anymore, the other one squeals and jumps around. That one has had the squeal in it on first power up. Got stuff ordered, please tell me that a Hobbywing Guard 40A brushless esc will work.
Thanks Kevin
Old 12-05-2007, 08:42 PM
USHobbySupply

as a replacement for the stock brushed motor esc?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: crashinbash
...The rain finally let up and ...
Where's the snow?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:12 PM
husky385

Yes
Kevin
Old 12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
RJO

Iblew off a blde yesterday, very frakin scary, upon further review it looks like the blade holder cracked and let loose. Thank god my kids werent around. Any way I found the vibration, bent main shaft that holds the blades on, replaced evrything and it fklies like brand new, I am just getting into FF so i am happy with the bird, Im going to build a Swift 16 over the holidays!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 PM
USHobbySupply

If your previous quote is correct:

ORIGINAL: husky385
Got stuff ordered, please tell me that a Hobbywing Guard 40A brushless esc will work.
and this one is also:

ORIGINAL: husky385
Yes
Kevin
then no, the brushless ESC you ordered will not work with the stock motor brushed motor.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Druss

agree, you have to use a brushed esc for a brushed motor and brushless esc for a brushless motor.... but the stock motor in the belt cp is brushless so if it IS the stock purple outrunner motor then the brushless esc he listed should be ok.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
husky385

I'm sorry I misread your post. I have a Belt -CP.
Kevin
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Druss

The belt-cp uses the EK5-0006 esky brushless motor so you should be ok with the esc you've chosen. Does it have a built in bec?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:36 PM
husky385

Yes sir it does have a built in bec. It also is capable of monitoring cell balance. I am really sorry, I assumed you would know it is a belt-cp. Since this is the belt-cp thread.
Thanks for all your help.
Kevin
Old 12-06-2007, 01:10 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin, check your motor mount screws. I lost my stock ESC after 12 flights after the screws wore through the covering on the wire in the motor that they were touching. This shorts the motor wires to ground and the esc doesn't like this.[:'(] It did the twitch motor start and over heated. [:@]The stock screws(black) are too long and I have seen at least 2 Belts and a Revolution 450 with this same issue. Any ESC 25-40 AMP should work. I went with a Dynam 30 AMP as a replacement for mine.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 AM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

GTX, usually we'd have lots of snow at this time last year there was 3 1/5 feet. It's been all rain everyday, floods and high temperatures and no snow so far.

The hobby wing 40a will work great. I've used 30a with great results, smooth start up and responsive throttle with the stock esky 3800kv motor. It's a bit overkill at 40 amps but I imagine it wouldn't effect the flight times any more than 5 seconds or so.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
husky385

Chris6414 I did grind a little off the screws, after the main gear stripped. I looked in there with a magnifing glass, couldn't see where thy touched the windings. Crash, heat was the culprit. I figured a little bigger was better, and I liked the idea that the esc is looking out for my battery (the cell monitoring feature).
Thank again
Kevin
Old 12-06-2007, 11:49 AM
rcoregon

I just received my Belt CP from RCHobby CN.com. I was impressed with how well the heli arrived from China ( I thought I was ordering from a US company). In any case there are no instructions with the "ready to fly". None at all. Is that usual?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:06 PM
USHobbySupply

The beltcp should have a sheet of instructions on top of the styrafoam along with a parts sheet.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Druss

ya, due to the static it might actually be stuck to the inside of the top half of the box or something.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
starterheli

Finally today got to fly the BCP from Xheli after building the training gear and going over it really good. Can't beat 4 bucks for them, went to wally world and bought 1/4" dia. wooden dowels and practice golf balls which pushed right on to the dowels perfect then used some of my wifes hair bands to hold the dowels to the skids in place, plus a piece of velcro in the center and it worked great. I cut the dowels to 25.5" lengths.

Well took it out and it hovered perfect after a little tail servo adjustment No tail spin at all. Steady as a rock so back to the simm's.

Thanks and Hats off to you guys on this forum for information on preping and setting it up before I flew it.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: crashinbash

On startup it does this? I agree it sounds like the esc is damaged. There's a number of things that could cause this problem. Battery voltage, battery damage, esc damage, signal interference, dislodged receiver crystal or tx problem. What were you doing the last time you flew it before this happend? Just hovering?

The rain finally let up and although it was freezing outsite and still wet I couldn't help but take my newly rebuilt cp out for a maiden. HOLY **** this rate gyro really doesn't like temperature drift in cold conditions. The tail was all over the place and I couldn't get it dialed in on the radio. On the plus side the blades seemed to track pretty good and even with a mangled servo (decided not to replace) it hovered and forward flight a little bit just fine. I decided to paint the new canopy....should have primed it first.....the paint job didn't turn out too well *smear*. I also ordered some new blades from rc711 and they both came in at exactly 15.42 grams. NICE!

cheers
what? 15 deg? you call that cold? get your wussy but up here to edmonton and face the - 15 deg weather, lets see how that gyro does in it....

it's supposed to get all the way up to a balmy -1C on sunday here so i'm going to finish making the skis for my belt cp and see how it flies on sunday.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:48 AM
xodarap1

Hey Druss,
How do you handle the condensation forming on the electronics and stuff when you come in from flying in the cold?
Do you leave your flight kit (minus the batteries) in an cooler than room temp area till the next flying day or just bring it right into the house at room temp?
Do you think I'm worried about nothing with the condensation forming on the bird?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:31 AM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

rcoregon, Here's the manual in pdf form if you just want to look at it on the net or perhaps even print it off.

http://www.twf-sz.com/english/downlo...ual/Beltcp.pdf

Hope that helps, there isn't too much information that would'nt apply to most all 450 heli's aside from the head link and servo horn links lengths and an exploded veiw.

I've been flying my heli's and driving my brushless trucks in damp cold weather the last few days. Aside from a little cogging on the motor and temperature drift on the heli gyro everythings fine. -5* I wouldn't use your lipo's in that temp.

LMAO the manual says it is prohibited to fly your helicopter on rainy days

cheers
Old 12-07-2007, 11:55 AM
rcoregon

Thanks crash&bash, I looked over every surface of the packaging again this morn to find nothing.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: xodarap1

Hey Druss,
How do you handle the condensation forming on the electronics and stuff when you come in from flying in the cold?
Do you leave your flight kit (minus the batteries) in an cooler than room temp area till the next flying day or just bring it right into the house at room temp?
Do you think I'm worried about nothing with the condensation forming on the bird?

I just make sure that the battery is unplugged so there is no juice going to anything then I bring it inside and let it sit and dry out (put it near a heater) before trying to fly it again. If I plan to fly multiple packs I leave the packs inside until I need them but leave the heli outside till i'm done
Old 12-07-2007, 01:14 PM
xodarap1

I just make sure that the battery is unplugged so there is no juice going to anything then I bring it inside and let it sit and dry out (put it near a heater) before trying to fly it again. If I plan to fly multiple packs I leave the packs inside until I need them but leave the heli outside till i'm done
OK. I wasn't sure if condensation/moisture inside the RX and ESC would cause any problems or not.
Thanks.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:29 PM
mcdaniel

HI there
Thanks for All information guys here ,it help to set up nice my new belt cp and it fly now great without any problems, but
Since I not fly anymore my df#37, I can use some parts from DF37 to install in my belt-cp, probable to fly much better installed on the heli , one of them is my external ubec 3A . Do you think is necessary in this Esky 25A Esc?, IT Can cause some interference? It worth to try ?,Since in other forum are highly recommended I want to ask here before. The heli is fly great 100% free glitch.
Thanks
see you
Old 12-07-2007, 11:20 PM
mcdaniel

HI there
What about this WK gyro G006 compare to the stock gyro belt cp anybody has replaced or test before.???.
Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.